Senior Manager, Software EngineeringApply now Job ID R96863 Updated date 05/21/2020 Location Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
• Lead the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems while having the opportunity to remain in a hands-on engineering role.
• Provide functional and technical leadership and mentor software engineers.
• Writing great quality code with a relentless passion for automated testing and validation.
• Perform complex engineering activities for performance tuning, monitoring, deployment and production support.
• Research, influence and implement big data solutions that address complex analytics needs on a large sets of data.
• Implement, maintain and update CICD pipelines.
• Enforce company policies in the areas of development methodology, architecture, security, change and configuration management and compliance.
• Work with business partners, architects and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of systems based on priority.
• Collaborate with multiple, enterprise-wide distributed performing teams to deliver new capabilities in business applications.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• At least 8 years of software development experience
• At least 5 years of experience in server-side programming: Java, Python or Scala
• At least 2 years of experience in big data technologies: Spark or Flink
• At least 4 years of experience managing software development projects through complete release cycles
• At least 4 years of experience leading software engineering teams
• 2+ years of experience in cloud technologies: AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
• 2+ years of experience in build and CICD technologies: GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus or Sonar
• 4+ years of experience in quality assurance technologies: ATDD, Selenium, Cucumber, JUnit, SoapUI or Postman
• 4+ years of experience in Unix Shell scripting
• Certified in Java, Spring or AWS technologies
• Exposure of data management methodologies
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).