- Create, manage, and optimize Amazon Web Services EC2 and RDS instances
- Manage Oracle database environments including Oracle Data Guard Broker and Oracle Golden Gate processes
- Provide technical leadership that fosters database innovation and champions automation
- Support strategic planning for database architecture, resource management, capacity planning and growth
- Ensure best practices in database planning, design, configuration, performance, and resilience
- Evaluate and propose design and process improvements to achieve performance and cost optimization
- Identify inefficiencies in current database designs and implement improved solutions
- Plan and implement capacity and resource expansion to ensure scalability of databases
- Drive efficient run-the-engine support
- Ensure operational performance monitoring and reporting
- Implement effective risk management controls and own adherence to all compliance related items (exceptions, waivers, risks, technical compliance, access control)
- Lead incident resolution efforts and engages the appropriate resources to complete corrective actions as quickly as possible
- Manage root cause analysis and problem management activities for continuous improvement initiatives, incident reduction and performance enhancements
- Plan and participate in Disaster Recovery exercises, system failover planning and testing
- Participate with agile team members and product owners to ensure database design and performance meet current and future business requirements
- Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 10 years of database experience
- At least 10 years experience with performance tuning, developing, installing, configuring, and supporting database environments
- At least 10 years experience with Oracle databases
- At least 7 years experience with data storage, data modeling and data access patterns
- 1 or more Amazon Web Services certifications (Solutions Architect Associate, Developer Associate, or SysOps Admin Associate)
- 5+ years’ experience Linux/Unix shell scripting
- 10+ years working with Oracle Databases
- 3+ years of cloud experience (AWS)
- 2+ years of other relational database experience (MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, etc)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Who We Are
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.