Product Managers are tech-savvy pioneers, with one eye on what’s new and the other on what’s next. Starting with the customer in mind, they develop cutting-edge products that bring ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. Product Managers are dedicated problem-solvers who leverage big data, agile principles, and human insights to reimagine the way people interact with money – creating experiences that simplify and enhance our customers’ lives.
Benefits start day one for full-time associates and after 90 days for part-time associates. Read more about our full benefits here.
The biggest qualities we look for are being autonomous and self-driven. This culture inspires you to take initiative and rewards you for doing so. I get to use all parts of my brain here.– Emma S., Product Manager
ResponsibilitiesJob ID R70596 Updated date 03/14/2019
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One is the only founder-led Top 10 bank in the US. We offer industry-leading credit cards, checking accounts, savings accounts, brokerage accounts, car loans, home loans, and other financial products that are central to the way that more than 65 million people live every day.
The Director of Product for the Commercial Bank’s Authentication team plays a critical role in achieving our goals. This is a highly collaborative role, where the individual will lead a team of product managers and analysts as well partnering with designers, engineers, data scientists, operations, sales reps and directly with our clients to transform the experience for our Corporate clients. Through this collaboration, the individual will define the product strategy and then develop, launch, and enhance physical and digital experiences that will meet the unique needs of our key industries such as Large US Corporations, Property Management, Healthcare, and Public Sector.
As a product manager you will:
- Identify unmet industry needs and disruption opportunities, guiding interdisciplinary teams to deliver innovative products to market.
- Establish or participate in Design Thinking, Agile, and LEAN rituals which establish rhythm for the team, promote ongoing communication, and iterative refinement of roadmaps
- Drive build-vs-buy decisions in our product development process, combing the landscape for potential Fintech partners in various stages of maturity
- Test and iterate in small-scale pilots to validate concepts, refine them to achieve product-market fit, develop Minimally Viable Products (MVPs) and then scale to drive vertical and horizontal economics
- Define learning agenda and key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure success/failure
- Regularly and systematically use data to uncover opportunities, track product performance, and drive decision making
- Prioritize, negotiate and remove blockers to orchestrate successful launch or optimization cycle
- Serve as subject matter expert, contributing practitioner, thought leader, career guide and mentor to teams
What we are looking for:
- Proven experience in and passion for building and shipping great products
- Experience working with Agile Methodologies
- Exceptional communication skills- someone who is an engaging storyteller and is at ease presenting to executives.
- Creative problem solver who lives at the intersection of Human, Business and Technology dimensions. Deep fluency and experience in at least two of these dimensions, with solid understanding of the third.
- Blend of both strategic and tactical thinking- someone who can identify and prioritize opportunities in highly ambiguous contexts, and then organize thematic work areas in deep detail, thus aligning long term vision with iterative execution
- Strong quantitative background to support data-informed decision making
- Collaborative, team player attitude with the ability to navigate and influence the organization
Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
At least 8 years of experience in digital product management
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
MBA or Master’s degree
8+ years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
8+ years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).