Senior Associate, Financial Controls & Testing
Experience Sr. Associate
Primary Address Richmond, Virginia
OverviewWest Creek 1 (12071), United States of America, Richmond, VirginiaSenior Associate, Financial Controls & Testing
Capital One is seeking a motivated professional to join the Finance Risk Management (FRM) team as a Senior Analyst.
The Senior Analyst performs a key role within Capital One’s line of defense risk management model, to help ensure corporate initiatives and departmental processes comply with applicable laws, regulations, business requirements and controls.
Specifically, this position will builds and execute tests across various Finance Lines of Business (LOBs) - a basic understanding of regulatory requirements and controls as applied to business processes is expected.
Responsibilities will also include:
● Lead multiple meetings with LOBs (i.e. Kick-Off meetings to set testing expectations, walkthroughs to better understand the design and execution of controls, deliver test results to the LOBs, etc.)
● Establish and maintain effective engagements with Risk Advisors and LOBs to provide business value through robust and effective assessments of the control environment
● Perform control tests of Design Effectiveness and Operational Effectiveness across multiple LOBs and document test results in accordance with the Enterprise Control Standard methodology
● Assess business process adherence to applicable laws, regulatory requirements, business requirements and controls
● Bachelor’s degree or military experience
● At least 2 years of experience in Control Testing, Auditing or a combination
● 3+ years of experience in Control Testing or Auditing
● 3+ years of experience in Risk Management or Regulatory Compliance
● 3+ years of experience in the Finance Services industry
● Working knowledge of and ability to use Google Suites or MS Office applications
● Strong critical thinking, and problem-solving skills; effective communication and collaborative abilities
● Ability to work independently and flexible to change in a fast-paced environment that requires the balancing of competing prioritiesNo agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
How We Hire
We take finding great coworkers pretty seriously.
Step 1 Apply
It only takes a few minutes to complete our application and assessment.
Step 2 Screen and Schedule
If your application is a good match you’ll hear from one of our recruiters to set up a screening interview.
Step 3 Interview(s)
Now’s your chance to learn about the job, show us who you are, share why you would be a great addition to the team and determine if Capital One is the place for you.
Step 4 Decision
The team will discuss — if it’s a good fit for us and you, we’ll make it official!
How to Pick the Perfect Career Opportunity
Overwhelmed by a tough career choice? Read these tips from Devon Rollins, Senior Director of Cyber Intelligence, to help you accept the right offer with confidence.
Your wellbeing is our priority
Our benefits and total compensation package is designed for the whole person. Caring for both you and your family.
Healthy Body, Healthy Mind
You have options and we have the tools to help you decide which health plans best fit your needs.
Save Money, Make Money
Secure your present, plan for your future and reduce expenses along the way.
Time, Family and Advice
Options for your time, opportunities for your family, and advice along the way. It’s time to BeWell.
Here’s how the team fits together. We’re big on growth and knowing who and how coworkers can best support you.
You don't have any pinned jobs right now
Want more jobs like this?
Set a Job Alert
Explore Your Options
Build the next generation of digital tools for our customers—we’re always innovating solutions.Explore 613 Jobs
Leverage technology in new and powerful ways to pioneer change, all in the pursuit of changing banking for good.Explore 663 Jobs
Design and create future-forward products on a team of innovators helping to change banking for good.Explore 82 Jobs
Write code and crunch numbers, all in pursuit of developing models that solve problems—and make us a better bank.Explore 26 Jobs
Use your tech skills to stop cyber threats and help make banking safe and secure for our customers.Explore 32 Jobs
Help us tell our story by creating memorable digital experiences for our customers through your creativity and ingenuity.Explore 17 Jobs
Take your place on the front lines, representing our brand, problem solving and building relationships with the customersExplore 160 Jobs
Your outgoing personality and tech-savvy know-how can make all the difference for the customers that visit our cafés.Explore 25 Jobs
Use cutting-edge software, audit methodologies, and data science to help us make great business decisions.Explore 17 Jobs
Use your bold perspective and specialized skills to drive projects and implement financial strategies—challenging the way banking is done.Explore 47 Jobs
Deliver expert advice, superior products and best-in-class service to our commercial partners.Explore 18 Jobs
Your entrepreneurial mindset and expertise leads to one-of-a-kind service for every small business owner you assist.Explore 16 Jobs
Use your expertise and perspective to bring insights to the table so we can grow in the right ways.Explore 69 Jobs
Be on the frontlines of attracting, engaging and retaining top talent that’s helping us change banking for good.Explore 14 Jobs
Help us communicate how we’re changing banking for good, and ensure our brand is one of the most recognized in the industry.Explore 12 Jobs
Analyze, develop and test the strategies that pull insights from our data and move us forward.Explore 30 Jobs
Use your strategic and analytical skills to help solve major challenges and make both our business and banking, better.Explore 26 Jobs
Offer simple answers to complex questions, while helping both our team and customers thrive.Explore 11 Jobs
Move our innovations closer to reality by mitigating legal risk with your expertise and ability to advise on strategic business decisions.Explore 10 Jobs