Senior Analyst, Finance Risk ManagementApply now Job ID R77411 Updated date 06/07/2019 Location Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
The Finance Risk Management ("FRM") Capital Risk Advisory Team is seeking a Senior Analyst with excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to adapt to change quickly.
The Senior Analyst role performs a key first line of defense role, to help ensure corporate initiatives and departmental process compliance with applicable laws, regulations, business requirements and controls. This position is primarily responsible for providing support to Risk Advisors aligned with Capital One's Stress Testing function to ensure the Compliance Management Program and Risk Management framework is well-managed and sustainable. This position may also require interactions with a variety of stakeholders and subject matter experts throughout Finance; and at times, may support the broader FRM team via related governance activities and specialty projects.
This is an excellent opportunity to continue your career in the field of Process and Risk Management and gain mission critical subject matter expertise.
· Provide support in ensuring the Compliance Management Program framework is well-managed and sustainable (e.g. Issue Management, Change Management, Compliance Requirement and Control Mapping, etc.)
· Execute processes and program deliverables that support internal team governance processes (e.g. Process and Control Documentation (PCD), Control Evidence Collection, Policies, Standards and Procedures (PSPs), etc.)
· Develop and maintain documentation and repositories to facilitate file sharing (e.g. Sub-Process Inventory, Audit & Exam Staging, Control Evidence, PCDs), etc.
· Manage tasks and activities related to risk management initiatives (e.g. Business Continuity Management (BCM), Enterprise/Information Data Management (EDM/IDM), etc.),
· Champion ideas related to process automation and application of relevant/emerging technologies
· Initiate and execute process improvements and leveraging other team members when appropriate
· Exhibit a proven track record of process management bringing the ability to quickly put structure in place and understand intersections/impacts across workstream
· Support team with ad-hoc deliverables
· Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
· At least 1 year of experience in risk management or regulatory compliance (e.g. compliance, legal, audit, business risk office, operations risk management, credit risk management, or finance)
· At least 1 year of experience in process management, improvement, or design
· 3+ years of experience in a field related to risk management (e.g., compliance, legal, audit, business risk office, operations risk management, credit risk management, or finance)
· Knowledge of and experience with interpreting US Capital-related rules and guidance, and supporting implementation
· 3+ years of experience in banking-related finance or accounting
· Process, Compliance or other Risk Management certifications (BPM, CRCM, APRM, Six Sigma, etc.)
· 3+ years of experience with a Compliance Management Program (CMP) framework, specifically as it relates to governance, training, risk assessment, corrective action, decision making, monitoring, and reporting
· 3+ years of experience in process management, improvement, or design
· Knowledge of and experience with Proactive Risk Identification and Mitigation Engine (PRIME) or other GRC systems
· Ability to work independently and be flexible to change in a fast-paced environment that requires the balancing of competing priorities
· Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
· Strong communication, interpersonal, and collaborative abilities
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).