Risk Manager - Information Security OfficeApply now Job ID R96833 Updated date 05/21/2020 Location Richmond, Virginia; New York, New York
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Risk Manager - Information Security Office
As a Risk Manager, you will be responsible for providing advice and guidance to technology delivery teams and leadership on cybersecurity risk. You will act as a leader partnering with enterprise risk groups to develop and implement risk management solutions to promote cyber hygiene and the continual evaluation of the ever-changing risk landscape. You will be expected to drive organizational change in an open, collaborative environment where new ideas and solutions are welcomed. In this role, you will apply your problem solving, collaboration and communication skills to advise the organization as well as lead initiatives to improve the organization’s cyber risk posture.
- Evaluating new and existing internal and external risks within the enterprise
- Supporting, partnering and interacting with customer technology teams and leadership
- Effectively challenging our 1st line of defense technology delivery teams and collaborating effectively with 2nd and 3rd lines of defense
- Supporting audits and enterprise risk initiatives
- Analyzing data to proactively identify risks, trends, and process improvement opportunities
- Providing risk reporting and analysis to internal and customer leadership
- Staying current on the changing regulatory environment and understanding the impacts to the organization
- Providing oversight and guidance during risk assessments
- Participating with internal team members and contributing to continuous improvement of risk management practices
- You have experience interacting and influencing senior leaders
- You are a focused individual who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative team environment
- You display strong judgment, leadership, integrity, and communication skills
- You can tailor communications and analysis to the intended audience
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent certification
- At least 7 years of experience with risk, audit and compliance
- At least 5 years of technology risk management experience
- At least 8 years of experience with Cyber/Information Security risk management
- Familiarity with technology/cybersecurity risk frameworks and legislation (e.g. NIST Cybersecurity Framework, NIST SP 800-53, PCI-DSS, Gramm-Leach-Bliley, Sarbanes-Oxley or COSO)
- At least 1 year of experience in operational compliance, IT audit or security risk
- At least 1 year of process management experience
- Experience in financial services or other highly regulated business environments
- Experience utilizing Agile/Kanban methodologies
- CISA, CISSP, CRISC, CEH, CISM, or AWS Solutions Architect Associate certifications
- Experience using Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) tools
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).