Product Managers are tech-savvy pioneers, with one eye on what’s new and the other on what’s next. Starting with the customer in mind, they develop cutting-edge products that bring ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. Product Managers are dedicated problem-solvers who leverage big data, agile principles, and human insights to reimagine the way people interact with money – creating experiences that simplify and enhance our customers’ lives.
Benefits start day one for full-time associates and after 90 days for part-time associates. Read more about our full benefits here.
The biggest qualities we look for are being autonomous and self-driven. This culture inspires you to take initiative and rewards you for doing so. I get to use all parts of my brain here.– Emma S., Product Manager
ResponsibilitiesJob ID R90169 Updated date 01/11/2020
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One’s Digital Team is looking for a Product Manager to join the customer facing Authentication team with a focus on Sign-in. Capital One has taken the bold initiative to position itself as a trusted leader and authoritative service provider of consumer digital authentication and secure identity management. As Product Manager, you will have the rare opportunity to work at the vanguard of digital consumer authentication experience for commerce and banking. You will be responsible for the enhancing, designing, and developing new authentication capabilities, client-facing solutions, and enhancing existing capabilities.
In this role you will:
1. Lead a highly dynamic and multi-disciplinary team to develop new Identity platform. You will translate business strategies and client needs into products that delight our customers and position our company for substantial growth. You are a dynamic product owner who will rally the team and work in a highly collaborative environment.
2. Collaborate with internal partners. You will be exceptional at developing and nurturing relationships with key internal stakeholders in support of Capital One’s lines of business.
3. Collaborate with external partners. You will also help us nurture relationships with key external stakeholders in the digital ecosystem including academics, entrepreneurs, and leading digital companies. You will be a key team member in enabling relationships with external pilot partners.
- The successful candidate will be able to understand customer expectations; identity security industry best practices; current gaps & technical constraints; drive requirements and ultimately partner with IT Delivery, Operations, enterprise teams (e.g. Legal, Compliance) and third-party vendors to deliver the optimal customer experience.
- The ideal candidate has a strong track-record of leading the delivery of high-quality digital products and services in an Agile development environment. You embrace Design Thinking and apply lean product and user driven design principles when developing and refining product features and capabilities. You can articulate how the activities under your stewardship directly impact the business, and you can ensure that business requirements are translated into digital solutions that get delivered on-time and on-budget.
- Manage operational planning and delivery of key strategic digital experience programs/products across our channels, translating digital strategy through deployment of best-in-class digital client experiences and internal sales & marketing tools.
- Collaborate with technology, operations, cyber, compliance, and business partners to coordinate and manage resources and activities to maximize impact and overall return on investment.
- Interface with 3rd party vendors and contractors, where required, to deliver necessary pieces of our digital platform(s) with fiscal and time-to-market excellence.
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- Strong ‘self-startability’ and initiative in order to navigate complex subject matter in a large organization
- Strong agile product management experience including the ability to set vision, establish a roadmap, set goals, write stories and execute
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, collaboration, communication (written, verbal and technical), presentation, negotiation, influence and problem-solving skills
- Experience managing delivery of full-stack digital solutions
- Effectively lead or collaborate with cross-functional resources to manage and resolve interdependencies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; proven track-record of successfully briefing team members at all levels of an organization.
- Advanced understanding of web analytics and metrics
- Demonstrated understanding of Banking markets and services a plus
- Demonstrated understanding of Identity and Access Management and Information Security concepts and principles a plus
- Must have strong managerial skills
- Must have strong basic computer skills, MS Office (including Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint), presentations, spreadsheets
- Must have good recall and be detail-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Must be able to use sound judgment (problem resolution skills) and have the ability to work independently in the execution of daily tasks
- Must have strong organizational skills with a proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects
- Must be able to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively in a team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in digital product management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master’s degree
- At least 3 years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- At least 3 years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
- Senior Associate, Data Analysis Richmond, Virginia
- Business Analysis Manager for Data Strategy Richmond, Virginia, McLean, Virginia
- Manager, Data Scientist - Card DS+ McLean, Virginia, Richmond, Virginia
- Manager, Product Management - Talent Acquisition Products Vienna, Virginia, Richmond, Virginia