Product Managers are tech-savvy pioneers, with one eye on what’s new and the other on what’s next. Starting with the customer in mind, they develop cutting-edge products that bring ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. Product Managers are dedicated problem-solvers who leverage big data, agile principles, and human insights to reimagine the way people interact with money – creating experiences that simplify and enhance our customers’ lives.
Benefits start day one for full-time associates and after 90 days for part-time associates. Read more about our full benefits here.
The biggest qualities we look for are being autonomous and self-driven. This culture inspires you to take initiative and rewards you for doing so. I get to use all parts of my brain here.– Emma S., Product Manager
ResponsibilitiesJob ID R64311 Updated date 01/08/2019
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
At Capital One, we think big and do big things. We were the first company to develop and offer mass customization and personalization of credit card products, and we have been innovating relentlessly ever since. Today we are a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one that reaches tens of millions of consumers. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaboration and delivers great experiences for our customers.
If you have the drive to build amazing products which are customer backed, data and insights driven, and impact the lives of our customers daily, we want you!
Product Manager/Product Owner - Small Business High Line Underwriting Automation
The High Line Underwriting Team is a key part of delivering on the Small Business Card growth strategy, by ensuring that our customers have the ability to maximize their spending and rewards while ensuring Capital One grows resiliently and profitably. The product/technology innovation agenda in High Line Underwriting is a tremendously exciting and groundbreaking body of work: we’re applying state of the art technologies to automate high-line decision making, to gather and enrich data from a myriad of sources, and we’re constantly pioneering simpler and easier ways to interact with customers to get them the credit line they need.
We look for people who obsess over removing friction from the overall consumer experience and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment driven by both analysis and creativity. You are a strong Product leader who is selfless and invests in the success of your peers, managers and direct reports with a deep understanding of products, analytics, technology and operations.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with intent owners and partner teams to strategically deliver an overall roadmap
- Work with our product manager community on broader strategy, align dependencies and releases for related products, and contribute to the best practices of our product team
- Define and report on key delivery and value metrics
- Creatively and iteratively deliver value that minimizes uncertainty and mitigates risk
Characteristics we’re looking for:
- A bias toward action and a proven track record of delivering minimum viable products and business models to market at rapid speed
- Ability to proactively identify impediments on the critical path and remove them
- Excellent communication skills to engage an organization of multiple specialties, and tell compelling stories with ease to senior executives
- A structured problem-solving approach to help a team work through a wide range of issues
- Intellectual curiosity for emerging technologies and compliance challenges
- Ability to prioritize across different types of value dimensions
- Ability to actively seek out multiple opinions, yet make independent decisions and influence positive outcomes
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in digital product management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master’s degree
- 5+ years of experience building and launching consumer data applications on web and mobile platforms
- 5+ years of experience building and managing a roadmap
- 3+ years of experience with external microservices architecture
- 3+ years of experience with cloud- based technology
- 3+ years of experience building features for cloud-based Products
- 3+ years of experience applying analytical rigor to support technology investment decisions
- 3+ years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- 2+ years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
- Senior Associate, Product Manager Richmond, Virginia
- Sr Manager - Product Management, Spring Product Experience Richmond, Virginia
- Principal Associate, Data Scientist, Card DS+ Acquisitions - Infrastructure McLean, Virginia, Richmond, Virginia
- Data Scientist, Marketing McLean, Virginia, Richmond, Virginia