Principal Associate Project Manager, On Demand FinanceApply now Job ID R72066 Updated date 06/11/2019 Location Richmond, Virginia; McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Associate Project Manager - On Demand Finance Transformation Project Delivery
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation’s top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company – and a great place to work.
As a Project Manager at Capital One, you can achieve results you never thought possible by leading critical and strategic business projects. In this exciting role you will work closely with key stakeholders to deliver results that will have a direct impact on the bottom line of the company. You will work with smart, talented people who will challenge you to excel. You will be rewarded for your passion and your achievements.
This role is a Principal Associate Project Manager role within Finance supporting cross-functional projects which fulfill our business goals. The project team is a part of a larger program office and leads projects for teams within / across Finance and partners closely with Enterprise teams and the Lines of Business to deliver high priority efforts needed to support the future / target state design for Finance. Experience with Capital One’s LOBs and Finance are a plus.
- Exhibit a proven track record of project management bringing the ability to quickly put structure in place with cross-functional teams to deliver well-managed projects
- Engage with workstream leads, enterprise wide, on large- and small-scale projects that have a direct impact on the company and understand intersects/impacts across workstreams
- Forge relationships with key stakeholders to ensure delivery of deadlines and collaborate on adjustments as needed
- Interpret business requirements to ensure deliverables meet expectations and appropriate planning is executed prior to the team starting the execution
- Partner with project customers to provide tactical thought partnership to effectively drive agile project delivery
- Leverage problem solving skills to resolve and escalate issues to ensure project plans deliver on time, in scope and on budget
- Identify ways to improve and streamline deliverables and business processes through innovative thinking and strong understanding of trade-offs and process steps
- Develop and maintain documentation and official repositories to facilitate file sharing and minimize risk
- Demonstrate outstanding communication and partnership skills which are essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders across all levels to manage, inform, and influence outcomes
- Demonstrate organizational agility to adapt to changing demands and working in an agile environment
- Display strong consulting and collaboration skills
- Excellent Google and/or Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills
- Manage multiple priorities with attention to details
- Results driven and able to work independently with minimal oversight
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- At least 5 Years of Project Management experience
- Masters / MBA Degree
- 7+ years of Project and/or Process Management experience
- PMP, Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong problem solving and influencing skills
- Work experience achieving results
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).