Principal Associate, Compensation Analyst - Total RewardsApply now Job ID R72523 Updated date 10/29/2019 Location Richmond, Virginia; McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One is focused on developing the best tools to help pay incentives for associates. We are working to improve the associate experience and how they can understand and be paid for their incentives. We are looking at how we can simplify, automate, and deliver on our line of business incentives for our associates. We are seeking a Principal Compensation Associate to join our LOB (line of business) Incentives team. You will play an exciting and vital role in delivering on the strategy for incentives. In addition, you will be responsible for building strong relationships across business partner groups, compensation leads and technology. You will have a history of gathering requirements and digging into the details of business objectives. Your experience of being able to translate these requirements into terms that others can develop solutions will be critical. In addition, you value the importance of ensuring strong governance for ensuring we effectively and accurately pay our associates. Capital One values complete collaboration with product management delivered through agile. This is a team environment and we are looking for someone who is excited to join this great team and even better company. Is that you?
- Partner with our business customers and help drive development of business/system requirements, participate in design discussions, create test cases/test plans for outstanding defects and application enhancements
- Through cross functional teams you will ensure delivery against business intent
- Support release management processes, reviewing testing documentation, and obtaining approvals
- Provide support to LOB (line of business) customers for BAU (business as usual) processing, as well as requirements gathering, test planning, governance controls and validation in an agile project environment
- Build solid relationships with our Business and Technology partners to deliver strong results
- Develop strategies to help improve operational efficiencies in the key areas you support and the larger LOB execution team
- Provide support during incident managements with specific payroll issues
- Coordinate the work of people outside own area of responsibility to deliver results
- Identify, elevate and help design business and process improvements
- Associate’s Degree
- At least 1 year of experience collaborating across cross-functional teams
- At least 1 year of experience building partnerships across both business customers and technical partners
At least 1 year experience as a business system analyst or data analyst or financial analyst
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Statistics, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, or Human Resources
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP)
- At least 4 years of experience in Compensation
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with benchmarking tools such as ePrism
- Experience building compensation models and conducting pay analysis
- Experience in the Financial Services Industry
- Knowledge of human resources and compensation including knowledge of relevant Federal, State, Local laws/regulations relating to compensation
- Strong communication skills
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).