In the Agile Delivery Lead role, you'll ensure your teams’ delivery success by leveraging the appropriate Agile methodology (Scrum/Kanban/etc.) to enable predictable, quality delivery while maintaining a focus on the continuous improvement of the team. The Agile Delivery Lead will optimize team productivity by removing impediments that may obstruct the pursuit of the team's goals and by preserving flexibility and ability to rapidly respond to changes on the team. Understanding Agile Methodologies, Change Management, Release Management, and Project Management tools and processes are common skills in this role.
- Serves as Scrum Master for one or more teams
- Ensures team(s) maintains focus on quality and continuous delivery
- Represents team in daily or Scrum of Scrums (S2) meeting and clearly communicates team accomplishments, impediments, and downstream impacts
- Provides visibility into delivery targets, commitments and progress
- Be well managed –understand and coach the team on delivery controls/compliance to minimize operational/reputational risk
- Understands domain architecture and targets to identify upstream/downstream dependencies and to support the team in risk management
- Proactively identifies impediments and appropriately resolves using network of peers and formal channels (including escalation if required)
- Ensure solutions are implemented using optimal methods, strategies and processes within time and budget guidelines
- Identify technical, performance, and other issues and proactively communicate with RTE and other stakeholders about best practices
- Identify and manage risks, assumptions, and escalation
- Deliver event-related communications and status updates
- Analyzes metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc.) to identify areas of opportunity and works with team to continuously improve
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong problem solving and influencing skills
- Integrates Agile & Lean principles into team practices and work products
- Coaches Product Owner/team on backlog refinement and prioritization
- Demonstrates ability to balance data with other factors when making decisions
- Utilizes team feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc.) to identify areas of opportunity and works with team to continuously improve
- Innovates with practices and frameworks through experimentation to improve the team and their delivery
- Developing understanding and encouragement of team's engineering innovation and improvement (Data Engineering practices, Dev Ops, etc.)
- Coaches the team to improve collaboration and self-organization
- Developing ability to act as an Agile mentor/coach to other Scrum Masters or any Agile role
- Agile & Technical Learning: Actively seeks and participates in a variety of learning opportunities such as Communities of Practice, conferences, classroom training and independent study to further develop self and community
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 2 Years of Agile experience
- 2+ Years of Agile experience
- SAFe certified or ScrumAlliance CSM/CSP certification
- PMP, Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Who We Are
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.