Master Software EngineerApply now Job ID R79738 Updated date 07/11/2019 Location Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on a Software Development Agile Team to support Capital One Card. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, Python, JSON, XML, Ruby, databases, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few. Your day to day work will include coding to deliver features on multiple solutions. You will also help mentor other Developers in coding techniques.
- Perform software development on Front End UI /Applications leveraging a test-driven development pattern
- Demonstrate strong passion and capabilities in innovation and advancement of technologies used in contact centers, banking or related industry
- Own the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of systems, and determine priority of needs.
- Collaborate with performing teams to deliver new capabilities in business applications and/or remediate issues
- Analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, and logical processes
- Coordinate coding, testing, implementation and documentation of solutions
- Responsible for key system design and integration decisions; and for communicating decisions to individuals implementing the system
- Work with partners, suppliers and 3rd party vendors for Capital One
- Provide administrative and end user training for call centers when needed
- Prepare documentation including application designs, Assessments, Security Management, Implementation Plans and post implementation documentation
- Assist with Managed Services Operations Center requests and trouble tickets on an as needed basis or on a scheduled rotation basis
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in technical application design and delivery of solutions
- Masters Degree
- AWS Certification (Certified Developer or Solutions Architect)
- 8+ years software development experience
- 3+ years of experience in Agile
- 3+ years of experience in deploying cloud-based Contact Center solutions
At this time, Capital One Will Not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).