Master Software EngineerApply now Job ID R70682 Updated date 03/14/2019 Location Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a member of the Consumer Identity team at Capital One, you’ll drive the company’s transformation into the modern, digital age by building solutions to secure the platform through which the next generation of our capabilities will be made available to our Customers and Consumers. We are looking for a Software Engineer to help with the technical design and development of a suite of applications that will make it possible for external parties to consume our web/mobile solutions as well as APIs securely.
You’ll have the opportunity to work for a feature team that provides end-to-end solutions in the consumer identity domain. This involves churning out REST APIs that have multiple integration points, DevOps tools and the latest technologies. You will be exposed to real problems and be challenged to find solutions by writing code and collaborating heavily with business and technology partners. You will be providing functional and technical expertise to your team and other teams who will look to you for guidance and assistance. You will be a key member of the Consumer Identity team tasked with building next generation of Capital One Security Frameworks.
- Do an awesome job influencing or consuming architecture, driving design and development using Java/J2EE frameworks and RESTFul APIs with a strong understanding of OAuth 2.0,
- Bring your experience in API lifecycle and associated SDLC to life
- Put your hands-on experience in scripting / tooling automation with Github, AWS/AWS CLI, and Jenkins to use
- Drive and own technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform applications
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of systems, and determine priority of needs
- Follow and recommend improvements where needed in SDLC, software design practices
- Use and recommend improvements in company policies in areas of development methodology, architecture, security, change and configuration management, and compliance
- Analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment
- Coordinate coding, testing, implementation and documentation of solutions
- Partner with QA organization to automate everything you do to make sure testing is done effortlessly
- Knowledge/Experience in working in Amazon web services environment
- Working knowledge of mobile development ios/android
- Working knowledge of integration with multiple API’s/back end services
- Working Experience with Git/Maven/Jenkins
- Good grasp of computer science fundamentals
- Contribution on open source/stack exchange community
- Experience working with cross-functional business and technology teams
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of software development experience in Java
- At least 2 years of Rest API development experience
- At least 5 years of experience with Spring MVC framework
- At least 3 years of experience in back end database SQL
- At least 1 year of experience in AWS cloud and DevOps
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).