Master Software EngineerApply now Job ID R69518 Updated date 03/14/2019 Location Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers.
At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask “what if?” Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry. We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, Angular, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases like Mongodb, relational databases, Jenkins, GitHub, Artifactory, Sonar, Docker and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few. You will lead the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems, and You will be in a hands-on engineering role, writing beautiful code, while also providing functional and technical leadership, and mentoring software engineers on complex and high priority technology projects.
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical needs of systems, and determine priority of needs.
- Ensure adherence to defined development life cycle, good software design practices, and Architecture strategy and intent
- Collaborate with performing teams to deliver new capabilities in business applications and/or remediate issues.
- Enforce company policies in areas of development methodology, architecture, security, change and configuration management, and compliance.
- Analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment
- Analyze and estimate feasibility, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs.
- Code, test and implement custom solutions with a “You Build You Own” philosophy
- Coordinate and enforce coding standards, performance and ATDD testing, automated pipeline deployments of solutions for the overall team
- Responsible for key system design and integration decisions; and for communicating decisions to individuals implementing the system.
- An understanding of why and how to build products that are accessible to everyone, including those with disabilities
- Working with tech forward technologies like kubernetes, docker.
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in software development
- At least 1 year experience with AWS
- 1 year of experience building automated delivery pipelines with modern tooling (Artifactory, Jenkins, CircleCi, Terraform, Chef)
- 1 year experience building software in Github
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).