Master Platform EngineerApply now Job ID R92453 Updated date 02/20/2020 Location Richmond, Virginia; San Francisco, California; Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Are you an innovative thinker who thrives on solving problems? Are you ready for a challenging role where you can make an impact from day one? As a Master VPN Platform Engineer at Capital One you can accomplish these things and more in one of the largest, most analytically sophisticated banks in the world.
The engineer will provide VPN appliance engineering, remote access solutions and support for new innovations, projects, and standards development. The engineer will ensure adherence to defined Engineering Processes and identifies and helps influence platform strategic direction in coordination with business user needs and direction.
- Enterprise user VPN solutions and ongoing technology refresh and enhancements
- VPN design standards including design for integrating all Lines of Business
- Technology integration point with other Capital One engineering teams to provide strategic solutions
- Feasibility engagements with business groups to ensure integrated VPN strategies are incorporated early in the process
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to junior personnel
- Implement engineered designs as applicable
- Platform and incident management support and root cause analysis
- Ability to engage and influence team members as well as people external to the team
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent Certification
- At least 5 years of experience in Technical Leadership.
- At least 3 years of experience with F5 technologies
- At least 3 years of experience working with APM (Access Policy Manager)
- At least 3 years of experience with Big IP Edge Client
- At least 1 year of experience working in an Agile environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5+ years of experience with F5 technologies
- 5+ years of experience with APM
- 5+ years of experience with iRules
- 5+ years of experience with switching and routing
- 5+ years of experience with firewalls
- 5+ years of experience with UNIX
- 1+ year of experience using Jira
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).