Product Managers are tech-savvy pioneers, with one eye on what’s new and the other on what’s next. Starting with the customer in mind, they develop cutting-edge products that bring ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. Product Managers are dedicated problem-solvers who leverage big data, agile principles, and human insights to reimagine the way people interact with money – creating experiences that simplify and enhance our customers’ lives.
General DescriptionJob ID: R102150 Updated date 01/28/2021
Product Managers at Capital One are innate problem-solvers who partner with architects, data scientists, service designers, process engineers and developers to translate human insights, dependent platform, app, and segment needs, downstream user feedback, and technology capabilities into scalable, resilient, and efficient consumer-centric services. Our leaders in Product Management develop end-to-end solutions to help us better serve our customers.
Within the Card organization, we have the Customer Resiliency team. Customer Resiliency is where excellence meets empathy—with human-centric approaches and analytical rigor, we generate value for our business and help our struggling customers succeed.
As a Product Manager with Customer Resiliency, you will play a lead role in developing strategy and vision to build the next generation of capabilities that will enable success for customers impacted by hardships. You will strategize and build capabilities by partnering with Technology, Operations and product teams across the enterprise to make this vision come to life.
General areas of responsibility:
- You will be involved in shaping and contributing to the overall Card customer experience and enablement of Capital One’s platform ecosystem by seeking and applying insights from dependent platforms, apps, and segments - moving from concepts to prototypes and prototypes to scalable solutions.
- You will develop hypotheses, build MVPs, and run pilots determining product, feature, and capability fit and value.
- You will be a part of overall thought leadership around platform development at the intersection of data+design+tech = for the sake of creating meaningful, measurable business and customer value.
- You will collaborate with an extended team beyond the card platform organization
- You will lead a team of product owners who will work hand-in-hand with development teams that are your solutioning and delivery partners for bringing the roadmap to life and value to fruition.
- You will provide direct Product leadership to development teams, drive day-to-day prioritization of work, troubleshoot reported issues, and oversee releases
- You will be breaking down business epics into features and further into user stories
- You will be Writing acceptance criteria and lead the grooming efforts with the Agile team
- You have the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
Experience & Expertise
- Experience creating a framework for concept exploration, product prototyping, iteration and deprecation
- Leading research and applying research insights throughout the product development process utilizing human centered design and/or “Design Thinking”
- Experience weaving together user benefits, business strategy and technology into a comprehensive platform capability strategy (strategy, execution plan, metrics for success)
- Ability to collaborate closely with architects, designers and engineers to create platform products
- Adept at applying Agile development philosophy and practices to deliver top-tier delivery transparency, efficiency, and flexibility
- Passion for holistic experience design that incorporates usability and utility
- Effective communication skills throughout the process: driving a project forward, evangelizing value, executive summaries
- Collaborative, team player attitude (confidence without attitude)
- Startup experience and/or some time at a well-oiled large company in a role working with technology products with accountability to managing delivery across multiple development teams
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in digital product management
- MBA or Master’s degree
- 3+ years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- 3+ years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Who We Are
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Benefits start day one for full-time associates and after 90 days for part-time associates. Read more about benefits.
A Look Into Associate Life
Take a look into the life of a product manager to see if it’s the right fit for your career.Watch Video