Product Managers are tech-savvy pioneers, with one eye on what’s new and the other on what’s next. Starting with the customer in mind, they develop cutting-edge products that bring ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. Product Managers are dedicated problem-solvers who leverage big data, agile principles, and human insights to reimagine the way people interact with money – creating experiences that simplify and enhance our customers’ lives.
Benefits start day one for full-time associates and after 90 days for part-time associates. Read more about our full benefits here.
The biggest qualities we look for are being autonomous and self-driven. This culture inspires you to take initiative and rewards you for doing so. I get to use all parts of my brain here.– Emma S., Product Manager
ResponsibilitiesJob ID R95460 Updated date 10/21/2020
At Capital One, we’re looking for a few self-driven technologists to work as Product Managers in our Enterprise Services product group. To fit in, you have to be jazzed about delivering amazingly simple experiences that make life easier for our customers.
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful:
- Set product vision and lead road mapping, goal setting, story writing, project execution, A/B testing, and product roll-out strategy
- Regularly and systematically use data to uncover opportunities, track product performance, and drive decision making
- Leads a team through rigorous process of test and learn with focus on identifying and developing a minimum viable product (MVP)
- Prioritize, negotiate and remove blockers to orchestrate successful launch or optimization cycle
- Serve as subject matter expert, contributing practitioner, thought leader, career guide and mentor to teams
- Exceptional communication skills
- Creative problem solver who lives at the intersection of Human, Business and Technology dimensions. Deep fluency and experience in at least two dimensions and understanding of the third.
- Blend of strategic and tactical thinking, creative and analytic reasoning
- Strong quantitative background to support data-informed decision making
- Creative, outside-the-box thinking and problem solving approach
- Entrepreneurial ability to identify and prioritize opportunities in highly ambiguous contexts
- Deep planning skills with the ability to organize thematic work areas in deep detail with long term vision and iterative execution
- Collaborative, team player attitude with the ability to navigate and influence the organization.
- Experience shipping multiple products across variety of platforms and channels
- Fluency in human-centered product discovery methods such as design thinking and service design
- Industry or hobbyist experience with emerging and leading technologies across disciplines (IoT, Machine Learning, Voice interfaces, etc)
- Track record of defining strategy, creating advocacy/alignment and being accountable for outcomes
- History of architecting and building APIs from business intent
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years in digital product management
- Master’s degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science or Engineering
- 2+ years of experience in Banking or Financial Services
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Who We Are
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
- UI/UX Designer Vienna, Virginia
- Business Manager, Affiliate & Influencer Marketing McLean, Virginia, Richmond, Virginia, New York, New York
- Manager, Product Management- EASE Platform Vienna, Virginia
- Sr. Business Manager - Servicing Platforms Vienna, Virginia