Manager, Marketing and Strategy, WalmartApply now Job ID R73401 Updated date 04/15/2019 Location Richmond, Virginia; McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Are you hungry to be at the forefront of innovation, to help define and create a never-been-done-before experience that will benefit hundreds of millions of Americans? Capital One is partnering with Walmart, the largest company in the US by revenue, to revolutionize the future of retail for Americans. Capital One is changing banking for good. Walmart aims to save people money so that they can live better. Together, we’re teaming up to leverage our combined scale, data, and brands, to redefine the payments experience and deliver great credit products and valuable rewards to millions of Americans. With Walmart’s size and scale and Capital One’s tech horsepower and underwriting capabilities, we’ll create a revolutionary omnichannel shopping experience and payments platform that will shape the future of commerce. We need innovative, adaptive, go-getters to propel us forward on this journey.
Capital One is seeking a talented Senior Manager of Marketing Strategy to join the Walmart Marketing team in Richmond, VA or McLean, VA.
The Senior Manager of Marketing Strategy will be responsible for developing and executing customer acquisition strategies for the Walmart Partnership business. The successful candidate will evangelize customer-centric, digital-first best practices in developing, managing and continually optimizing retail card marketing programs.
The ideal candidate will be able to get into the details while providing strategic marketing expertise to retail partners. They will have a deep understanding of digital channels, how they work together to deliver results. They will also have a strong background in data-driven marketing with an understanding of performance and analytics to drive a successful marketing strategy.
- Leverage business results, marketplace trends, and consumer insights to develop cross-channel marketing strategies—inclusive of targeting and retargeting tactics, new data sources, channel expansion, and integration opportunities as well as product positioning (and creative)
- Develop impactful and influential marketing agendas grounded in insights and in alignment with business growth goals inclusive of outcomes, strategies, and plans
- Collaborate with diverse cross-functional team (product managers, analysts, channel experts) to develop, design and implement a variety of test and rollout strategies
- Work directly with analytical teams and product owners to develop and refine in-market test plans, platform feature development and channel expansion / retargeting capabilities
- Work directly with creative teams (both internal and external) to develop customer marketing
- Can lead in both emerging and traditional channel marketing, and is highly skilled in creating breakthrough marketing communications
- Work proactively in an agile environment that includes P&L owners, Digital Design, Tech, Operations/Production, Legal and agencies
- Has demonstrated effectiveness at leading, influencing and catalyzing diverse teams with varied agendas
An ideal candidate should have:
- Multi-Channel marketing and communication experience, particularly digital and direct response marketing
- Paid and organic search, content strategy and social marketing experience
- Exceptional digital tracking/targeting capabilities
- Experiences with CRM and possibly machine learning
- Curiosity about the “why” behind customer attitudes and behaviors
- Self-initiative and data proficiency with a passion for leveraging data, metrics, and insights to drive results and learnings
- Ability to manage cross-functional teams
- Ability to handle multiple projects, deadlines and changing priorities simultaneously while maintaining excellent and accurate work
- Highly effective communication skills with outstanding writing, editing, and presentation abilities
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Experience managing creative teams and agencies, and writing briefs
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 10 years of experience in multi-channel (digital) marketing, including data-driven direct response
- At least 10 years of experience in planning, execution, and analysis of marketing programs
- At least 7 years of experience in leading cross-functional teams in a matrixed environment
- At least 7 years of experience in managing creative teams and agencies
- Master’s Degree in Marketing
- 5+ years of experience in financial marketing
- 4+ years of experience working in an Agile team environment
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).