Work at Home - Service & Credit Review Coordinator (Credit Analyst)Apply now Job ID R96815 Updated date 05/20/2020 Location Portland, Maine
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
**Capital One prioritizes the health and safety of our associates. In light of COVID-19, we are complying with the CDC guidelines for social distancing. The vast majority of Capital One roles, including this role, have temporarily moved to work at home. When Capital One returns to normal operations, this role will return to the assigned onsite work location. **
The role of the Credit Analyst includes the evaluation of new and/or existing business relationships to determine credit worthiness, appropriate credit line and payment term extensions. The Credit Analyst analyzes data independently and executes decisions for credit extensions in compliance with the established authority matrix and credit policy, and will make recommendations to management for any credit extensions above his/her authority. The Credit Analyst acts as the primary point of contact for communications with merchants and customers as they move through the various stages of credit management.
- Gather and assess relevant information about the applicants’ business, business relationships, credit history and financial condition
- Make subjective decisions, determining which businesses present an acceptable level of risk to BlueTarp either on an unsecured basis or under merchant recourse
- Contact customers to gather necessary business and/or financial information
- Ensure that proper documentation is provided by applicants and customers
- Communicate decisions and/or information to customers and merchants in a timely and professional manner
- Field telephone and email inquiries from customers and merchants regarding applications and existing accounts
- Present alternatives to establishing unsecured credit
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure a high level of service for merchants and customers
- Meet and support ongoing department initiatives and quality and performance goals as they relate to the credit risk management functions
- Other duties not specified yet related to the job
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated ability to perform research, analyze data and make subjective decisions
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Knowledge of building supply industry preferred
- Organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage numerous simultaneous projects within deadlines
- Service-oriented mentality, with sense of urgency toward both internal and external customers
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- At least 1 year of commercial or consumer credit or finance experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, accounting, mathematics or military experience
- At least 3 years of commercial or consumer credit experience
- At least 1 year of collections or customer service experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).