At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a Unit Manager on the BlueTarp Cash Applications Team, you will lead a dynamic team of up to 25 front line associates who monitor cash inflows and outflows including cash application of deposits received from customers and dealers.. The Unit Manager ensures high-quality, effective, consistent and solution-oriented interactions with customers by focusing on training, coaching, and performance of customer service staff. You will also need to demonstrate expertise in finding new and innovative ways to find efficiencies and meet and exceed goals. You will have interaction with all types of stakeholders and you will need to easily communicate with all levels to ensure customers’ needs are met and associates are motivated and meeting goals.
Accountable for achieving business goals for a team of up to 25 associates.
Define and measure performance metrics (monthly scorecards, annual appraisal) and clearly communicate to team.
Monitors cash inflows and outflows including cash application of deposits received from customers and dealers.
- Responsible for maintaining accuracy and controls around all forms of customer payment processing.
- Responsible for approving and releasing various banking transactions
- Responsible for performance as well as supervision of all cash application processes.
- Responsible for adhering to authority matrix in regards to customer adjustments.
- Assist with testing of NuBITS system functionality, ensuring that the controls are maintained and transactions will reconcile.
- Analytical—the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Oral Communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Written Communication- the individual demonstrates strong documentation skills and clearly communicates as needed through written communication.
- Quality Management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment—the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- At least 2 years of People Management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- 2+ year of call center experience
- 2+ years of experience in Process Management
- 3+ years of experience in People Leadership
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).