Product Managers are tech-savvy pioneers, with one eye on what’s new and the other on what’s next. Starting with the customer in mind, they develop cutting-edge products that bring ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. Product Managers are dedicated problem-solvers who leverage big data, agile principles, and human insights to reimagine the way people interact with money – creating experiences that simplify and enhance our customers’ lives.
Benefits start day one for full-time associates and after 90 days for part-time associates. Read more about our full benefits here.
The biggest qualities we look for are being autonomous and self-driven. This culture inspires you to take initiative and rewards you for doing so. I get to use all parts of my brain here.– Emma S., Product Manager
ResponsibilitiesJob ID R100359 Updated date 09/10/2020
Senior Associate, Product Manager
We are looking for a Product Manager who is exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about enabling our customers and partners to deliver great products and experiences on the Digital Identity Platform.
The ideal candidate is resourceful, analytical, self-motivated and with great attention to detail.
- Partners with the Product Management to thoroughly understand the product vision and represents this vision throughout the development lifecycle
Partners closely with the Business to thoroughly understand the request and works diligently to achieve a solution which addresses the needs
Creates, socializes, and routinely grooms the Feature Backlog so it is visible, transparent and clear to all
Elaborates epics into user stories that are detailed enough to properly represent the true need request and refined appropriately to be achieved within the sprint cycle
Responsible for detailed requirements engineering to fully document acceptance criteria and implementation detail which support the related product feature
Ensures the Engineering Team understands items in the Feature Backlog to the level necessary to meet the identified Business and Customer needs
Partners with the Engineering Team to optimize the sequence and value of work performed in each sprint iteration to achieve most efficient and cost-effective delivery
Partners and represents the Customer (internal/external) during the development process to ensure the proper product is built to meet the identified need(s)
Facilitates the acceptance of work in alignment with the Engineering Team, Product Management, and identified key Business stakeholders
Responsible for tactical product development decisions in alignment with the informed Product vision
Compiles and analyze enhancement requests from stakeholders, drives the prioritization, slotting and implementation process
Serves as a product component expert to answer product feature questions, validate enhancement requests and other functional support as necessary
- Ability to initiate and drive efforts to completion and follow through on commitments with minimal guidance
- Understanding of technical components and terms in a manner which allows for effective communication with the Development Team
- Demonstrated time-management skills and the ability to guide multiple efforts simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the willingness to present and defend your ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to lead and participate effectively in cross-functional teams
- Active listener to understand what the stakeholders and customers true needs are and not just their wants/desires
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to discover the stakeholders and customers latent needs and not just take orders
- Ability to create well-structured stories which accurately represent the request in adequate detail for a Developer to easily understand without making assumptions
- Ability to verbally articulate the customer needs in a manner which complements the written user stories
- Ability to effectively partner and communicate with multiple roles and levels throughout the IT organization and the Business
- Demonstrated interface between the Development Team and the key stakeholders in Product and the Business
- Proven ability to deal with conflict and the aptitude to resolve conflict with minimal escalation
- Understanding of when a conflict must be effectively escalated in order to gain quick resolution
- Demonstrated ability to establish credibility as a subject matter expert
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- At least 1 year of experience in digital product management
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Who We Are
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.