Virtual Business Banker (Plano)Apply now Job ID R75416 Updated date 05/29/2019 Location Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Small businesses are the backbone of America and a vital part of the economy as a whole. Their success is essential to economic growth and prosperity. We believe that confidence is the best business plan. Within Capital One’s Small Business Bank (SBB) division, we help our clients stand out with personalized advice and resources that can help them prepare for what’s next. We’ve helped over 450,000 business owners secure their finances, streamline their cash flow and save time on banking. We provide a variety of competitive savings, checking, escrow, lending and treasury management products.
As a Virtual Business Banker I (VBBI) you are responsible for daily operations, execution and support of inbound/outbound phone-based retention and sales efforts occurring within a phone based environment. You will focus attention on proactively retaining and deepening an existing portfolio of medium to high net worth small business owner relationships through retaining and cross selling additional business and personal products and services. The VBBI is expected to build relationships which in turn may lead to sourcing additional products and services through outbound phone activities. An understanding of the business cash flow cycle and the ability to apply basic business credit sales skills to client interaction using an existing client contact strategy and sales process is paramount. The VBBI portfolios represent a client revenue segment that is larger or more complex than the Small Business Branch Segment while still not as complex and/or earns less revenue than a Business Banker Segment Client.
***This role is based in Plano, TX
- Responsible for relationship management of the assigned book of business
- Requires ability to proactively build relationships, retain and sell over the phone while navigating a computerized data entry system or other relevant applications
- Build a strong team interaction model to best support customers and achieve a personal customer relationship experience
- Delivers on targets as agreed upon by Virtual Business Banking Manager
- Acts as expert for branches when needed
- Has a thorough understanding of the client’s needs in order to build relationships, and cross sell additional products and services to less complex existing relationships that are not managed by a Business Banker
- Applies business cash flow cycle in client discussion along with business credit sales skills
- Exhibits in depth knowledge of the organization, products, and/or services
- Maintains a regular calling program on clients in order to generate high quality new deposit and loan business from existing clients in order to achieve or exceed targets
- Assesses customer needs and suggest/promote alternative products or services through defined sales process
- Actively utilizes Sales Relationship Management system with calls, pipeline activities and sales results
- Maintains a clear product and service knowledge skill set to adequately meet the business and personal needs of the business to effectively establish rapport, analyze needs and offer the correct product solution
- Understands proper problem resolution and refer appropriate servicing issue resolutions to the appropriate servicing call center or Sales Support Specialist
- Holds accountability for the execution of risk management / compliance protocols within the sales process
- Refers customer to appropriate channel for complex Treasury Management and Merchant Service product needs and follow up to ensure products/accounts are opened and engaged
- At least 2 years of banking experience
- At least 2 years of sales experience
- 2 years of phone based sales experience
- Credit knowledge a plus
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).