As a Unit Manager at Capital One, you will lead a dynamic team of front line associates who are the face of Capital One for our customers. Creating excitement and maintaining high levels of morale through change are essential for leaders within Capital One. Unit Managers manage, develop and motivate an internal team of 15 - 25 associates and strive to exceed standards of customer service and experience.
- Accountable for achieving business goals for a team of up to 25 associates within unit.
- Provide continuous feedback and coaching to improve and maintain high quality customer experience, effectiveness and efficiency metrics.
- Prepare and deliver monthly performance reviews for direct reports.
- Manage business level metrics to high efficiency standards.
- Share in the accountability for a business level function team (Logistics, quality, innovation, morale).
- Motivate and develop associates and help them achieve their career aspirations.
- Execute flawless management of projects assigned to unit.
- Ensure timely administrative responsibilities of time cards, spreadsheets, team meetings, etc.
- Define and measure performance metrics (incentives, monthly scorecards, annual appraisal) and clearly communicate to team. associates
- High School Diploma, GED, equivalent certification
- At least 2 years of experience in People Management
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 5 years experience in People Management
- At least 2 years experience in Process Management
- Lean, Six Sigma certification
- Auto Finance experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Who We Are
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.