UX Designer, Data AnalyticsApply now Job ID R91122 Updated date 01/24/2020 Location Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One, we want to change the way people engage with their money, their bank, and their financial lives. It’s audacious work at a massive scale. Here in Dallas, we are seeking to transform our Financial Services division to be more human centric and instill design practices from strategy to conception to implementation for our auto loan businesses.
User experience (UX) is more than just how a person interacts with a product or service. It also encapsulates that person's attitudes and emotions associated with that experience. With that said, we are looking for a UX Designer who is data driven and able to use data and research to make informed and insightful design decisions.
What you bring:
- A systems thinker. As you translate user needs, style guides, and requirements into elegant solutions for complex problems, you’re not just thinking about the task at hand but about how your design choices scale and fit within larger established systems and patterns.
- Passionate. You are genuinely interested in designing beautiful experiences that impact people’s lives. You make it your business to know as much as you can about the people you are designing for and make design decisions based on their needs. You are also active within the design community, staying up-to-date on the latest design trends and techniques.
- Collaborative. You enjoy working on agile teams with other designers, product managers and engineers. You’re a team player who puts the interest of the team above your own. You will collaborate with business analysts, product managers, developers and design teams on research activities, strategy sessions, ideation, design, and testing of new product concepts. You display a positive attitude and are excited to share your ideas with the team as well as listen to those of others.
- A storyteller. You’re able to develop clear and persuasive stories about your work that you share with a wide range of audiences, including business partners and stakeholders. You’re able to present research findings and design concepts to designers and product partners.
- Detail Oriented. You impress your teammates with the ability to pick out small nuances that no one else seems to notice. You’re proud that your production files are always pixel perfect and you’ve thought through every permutation of your designs, making the development process smooth sailing.
- Flexible. You know that projects can adjust at the drop of a hat, you are adaptable and welcome change.
What you’ll bring:
- Understanding of interface and interaction patterns and best practices for various platforms, as well as experience working within a responsive design framework.
- Capable of using data and research along with theory to make informed and insightful design decisions.
- Knowledge of human centered design and UX practices. Use a range of methodologies (like design research, service blueprinting, collaborative work session design and facilitation, rapid prototyping, and frame working) to strategically define ideal experiences.
- Ability to plan, conduct and synthesize user research, and develop journey maps and user flows.
- Constantly bring stakeholders along the design journey, leveraging diverse perspectives and skill sets. In this role, you’ll use visual and verbal storytelling to share your discoveries, gather and integrate feedback, influence stakeholders, and create energy for an idea or an initiative.
- Experience working within established brand guidelines and style guide. Interest in helping govern digital guidelines and flex systems where needed.
- Ability to work from low fidelity to high fidelity.
- Experience creating prototypes that showcase design concepts and interaction patterns.
- Ability to work collaboratively within cross-disciplinary teams, as well as ability to work independently.
- Ability to quickly deliver multiple, inventive ideas that are fresh and simple while solving complex customer and business needs. Confidence in sharing in-progress work with team mates.
- Ability to clearly communicate your design decisions with the team and craft elegant presentation and storytelling capabilities.
- Understanding of an agile/scrum development process.
- Research the latest technologies, best practices, and online trends to provide recommendations for the team.
- Proficiency with current design and collaboration tools (Adobe CC, Sketch, Invision, etc
- At least 3 years experience with interaction design and visual design for web-based experiences and applications
- At least 3 years experience working in cross-functional teams
- At least 3 years of designing with data analytics
- At least 3 years of user-centered design research experience
- Bachelor's degree in Design or Human-Computer Interaction
- 3+ years of experience with user experience design for digital products
- 3+ years of experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- 3+ years of experience with information architecture
- 3+ years of experience with prototyping tools (Sketch and InVision are big pluses)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).