UI Front End Engineer
At Capital One, we want to change the way people buy cars online. We are looking for our UI Front End Engineer to bring new ideas to life and help us build extraordinary customer experiences very quickly. You will work closely with our design team to bring innovative solutions, animations and concepts to life for our auto finance business. You will not only help us with new ways to solve these unique business problems, but you will also help us to validate them and make sure we are building customer experiences that will delight users and create influence in our industry. Yep, it's a pretty high bar, but we are looking for great team members who have the drive to help us build amazing experiences.
Who we are looking for:
-A systems thinker. As you translate user needs, style guides, and requirements into elegant solutions for complex problems, you’re not just thinking about the task at hand but about how your choices scale and fit within larger established systems and patterns.
- Passionate. You are genuinely interested in designing and building beautiful experiences that impact people’s lives. You make it your business to know as much as you can about the people you are designing for and make decisions based on their needs. You are also active within the design and engineering community, staying up-to-date on the latest trends and techniques.
- Collaborative. You enjoy working on agile teams with other creative thinkers, product managers and leaders. You’re a team player who puts the interest of the team above your own. You will collaborate with business analysts, product managers, developers and design teams on research activities, strategy sessions, ideation, design, and testing of new product concepts. You display a positive attitude and are excited to share your ideas with the team as well as listen to those of others.
-A storyteller. You’re able to develop clear and persuasive stories about your work that you share with a wide range of audiences, including business partners and stakeholders. You’re able to present research findings and concepts to your partners to help us get to world class solutions..
- Detail Oriented. You impress your teammates with the ability to pick out small nuances that no one else seems to notice. You’re proud to be pixel perfect and you’ve thought through every permutation of your micro-animations, transitions, compositions, loading sequences and ease of use to make the development process smooth for your users.
- Flexible. You know that projects can adjust at the drop of a hat, you are adaptable and welcome change.
What you’ll bring:
Develop user-facing features, next-gen pattern frameworks and new development processes.
Build modular layouts, reusable code and libraries for future use
Create and maintain automated tests to ensure quality and save time and money
Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
Help set technical standards and best practices for the creative team
Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Sound and responsible marketing counseling and planning.
Conceptual visual / prototype creation of ideas spanning all areas of integrated communication, branding and interactive programs.
Proper and innovative execution of work in all areas on schedule.
Deliver a consistently superior creative product.
- At least 3 years of experience in web markup
- At least 3 years of experience HTML5
- At least 3 years of experience with ECMAScript 2020 +
- At least 3 years of experience with client-side scripting
- At least 3 years of experience in web design
- At least 3 years experience in web development.
- At least 3 years of experience in front-end design
- At least 3 years of experience with NodeJS
- At least 3 years of experience using Node JS to build processes and servers and back-end language.
- At least 3 years of experience with Angular, React and Vue.
3+ years of experience with information architecture
3+ years of experience incorporating analytics instrumentation and enable A/B testing.
3+ years of experience designing and implementing for user experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Who We Are
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.