Sr Collections Coord - Deficiency Recoveries(Interim Work from HomeApply now Job ID R97684 Updated date 06/24/2020 Location Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One prioritizes the health and safety of our associates. In light of COVID-19, we are complying with the CDC guidelines for social distancing. The vast majority of Capital One roles, including this role, have temporarily moved to work at home. When Capital One returns to normal operations, this role will return to the assigned onsite work location.
To ensure productivity in a home environment, applicants must meet the space and technology requirements outlined below. These requirements will no longer be applicable once the role returns onsite.
Work at Home Technology Requirements:
- A secure home office environment that is free from background noise and distractions of any kind
- A reliable high-speed broadband Internet service provider (ISP):
- Dial up or Satellite Internet service providers are not sufficient
- ISP must be hardwired (Wifi prohibited) and must be used for Capital One purposes only during your schedule and would need to be in place at start of employment
- The ISP speed/bandwidth must be 5 megabytes per second (minimum required) or higher (10+ preferred). Please contact your ISP for confirmation. Check your internet service provider speed/bandwidth at http://www.speedtest.net/
Associates will be responsible for following federal, state and local regulations around privacy and must be able to recognize exposure and minimize risk to the customer and Capital One. The ideal candidate will have the ability to adapt and thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment while displaying sound judgment in decision making.
- Make outbound calls on Recoveries accounts
- Service inbound calls on Recoveries accounts
- Provide thorough and accurate documentation to accounts
- Maintain superior quality assurance results
- Servicing accounts by investigating problems and finding resolutions to create a positive customer experience
- Conducts extensive customer interaction via inbound and outbound calls in a manual environment
- Update account information and complete appropriate documentation
- Perform account level research
- Overcome objections that customers have about making payments toward their account and help them to understand their account(s) and responsibilities
- Negotiate the best possible arrangement for our customer and schedule payments
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent certification
- Experience in Microsoft Office
- At least 6 months experience in a customer service call center environment
- Associate's Degree, or Military experience
- 1 year experience in Financial Services
- 1 year experience a in Customer Service Call Center environment
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).