Software EngineerApply now Job ID R77826 Updated date 06/12/2019 Location Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One is actively seeking a Software Engineer with expertise in detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Acting as a Technical Expert on software development projects with responsibility for overall delivery of software components.
Capital One Financial Services Technology (#FSTECH) is housed in the heart of the "tech hub" that is Plano, Texas!
This is for a team with a true “start-up” mentality within Capital One’s Auto Finance Dealer Services, which works on a lot of experimental and cutting-edge technologies. With an emphasis in new “from scratch” development with an ever-expanding scope of new products, you’ll work with and introduce the latest technology tools & techniques daily. We are passionate technologists who focus on building world-class solutions for our beloved customers.
Are you ready to build a “next-generation” product that aims to transform the auto industry?
- Brings a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal and external technology communities.
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies.
- Works with product owners and other stakeholders to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios.
- Collaborate with other platforms Tech Leads to ensure integrated end-to-end design.
- Document design decisions and enforce existing process guidelines
- Has a sense of intellectual curiosity and a burning desire to learn
- Embrace DevOps and YBYO (You Build You Own) model
What we offer:
- A startup mindset with the backing of a top 10 bank
- Monthly Innovation-Days dedicated to test driving cutting edge technologies
- Flexible work schedules
- Convenient office locations
- Generous salary and merit-based pay incentives
- Your choice of equipment (MacBook/PC, iPhone/Android Device)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 2 years of experience in designing and developing RESTful APIs.
- Master's Degree
- 1+ years’ experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure or another public cloud service
- 2+ years of experience in enterprise application development frameworks like Springboot or Jupyter notebook
- 2+ years of developing applications with Monitoring, Build Tools, Version Control, Unit Test, TDD, Change Management to support DevOps
- Experience with Database technologies like Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres, Cassandra, MongoDb, etc.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).