Senior Manager, Communications - Capital One Auto FinanceApply now Job ID R59187 Updated date 01/03/2019 Location Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Do you thrive on executing multi-dimensional, integrated communication campaigns? Capital One is looking for a senior Public Relations professional with experience in driving consumer-facing programs in support of our Auto Finance business, one of the largest auto finance businesses in the country. This is an exciting time to join this business and make a tangible impact in telling a compelling story of our customer-centric, tech-forward products and offerings.
We are looking for an energetic and intuitive PR strategist with exceptional leadership and external communication skills who can lead integrated large-scale consumer PR campaigns. This role will support the Consumer Auto vertical within Capital One Auto Finance. The successful candidate will work with a results-focused, enthusiastic team to drive industry leading consumer facing programming.
The Senior Manager will create and execute effective external communications programs that raise awareness, enhance perception and drive adoption of Capital One products and services.
This position requires strong written and verbal communication skills and an understanding of online and traditional marketing techniques; demonstrated experience and expertise in media relations.
- Execute results-focused PR programming in support of Capital One Auto Finance
- Create insights-based communications strategies that deliver on goals
- Thoughtfully determine when to incorporate earned media, influencer relations, experiential and content components into programming
- Lead internal PR team – and in some cases partners’ teams – to execute against plans
- Manage agency partners through all parts of the planning, execution and reporting process
- Serve as Consumer Auto PR day-to-day contact across Corporate Communications and partner teams
- Work with internal partners (Marketing, Brand, Content, Social, Advertising, Sponsorships, Internal Communications, etc.) to build cohesive integrated plans, creating efficiencies whenever possible
- Proactively identify and build new relationships across partner teams and Corporate Communications to ultimately strengthen programming and deliver results
- Build relationships across the broader Auto Finance business to connect dots and ensure campaigns are informed by overall business strategy
- Present strategies to stakeholders to secure alignment on PR activity, sharing updates as appropriate
- Consistently share updates and learnings with larger Corporate Communications team
- Foster media & influencer relationships
- Build and maintain relationships with key auto, lifestyle, business and financial media and influencers to ultimately deliver results
- Identify opportunities to leverage media/influencer relationships to educate the larger team on trends and insights that strengthen programming
- Interpret and act on data-based insights
- Leverage data insights to develop, nurture and refine compelling creative ideas and concepts.
- Contribute to learning agendas and leverage insights to inform programming
- Work with internal Impact and Insights team to set measurement goals, analyze data and report results to stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of Public Relations experience
- At least 3 years of experience managing teams
- At least 7 years of Public Relations experience for a consumer brand
- At least 4 years of experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- At least 2 years of experience with executive-level clients
- Experience working effectively with multiple constituents, including peers, executive management, senior management
- At least 5 years of experience working in current digital and social media technology
- At least two years of experience with SEO, content and social analytics best practices and principles
- Financial services experience preferred
- At least 3 years of experience working in the auto industry, at least 3 years of experience working with auto industry clients, or at least 3 years of experience in a combination of the two
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).