Product Managers are tech-savvy pioneers, with one eye on what’s new and the other on what’s next. Starting with the customer in mind, they develop cutting-edge products that bring ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. Product Managers are dedicated problem-solvers who leverage big data, agile principles, and human insights to reimagine the way people interact with money – creating experiences that simplify and enhance our customers’ lives.
Benefits start day one for full-time associates and after 90 days for part-time associates. Read more about our full benefits here.
The biggest qualities we look for are being autonomous and self-driven. This culture inspires you to take initiative and rewards you for doing so. I get to use all parts of my brain here.– Emma S., Product Manager
ResponsibilitiesJob ID R88457 Updated date 12/04/2019
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small business and commercial clients. Ranked #127 on the Fortune 500, Capital One has one of the most widely recognized brands in America. As one of the nation’s top 10 banks, we offer a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
At Capital One, data is at the center of everything we do. When we launched as a startup we disrupted the credit card industry by individually personalizing every credit card offer using statistical modeling and the relational database, cutting edge technology in 1988! Fast-forward a few years, and this little innovation and our passion for data has skyrocketed us to a Fortune 200 company and a leader in the world of data-driven decision-making.
The Compliance Innovation Team is dedicated to enabling Financial Services and Fair & Responsible Banking Compliance programs through expanding existing capabilities and creating new transformative solutions. Product Managers play a critical role in achieving transformation. As a product manager within the Compliance Innovation Team you will be working with program leaders to relentlessly push to understand customer needs in order to discover and shape new product and analytical capabilities across all areas of Financial Service and Fair & Responsible Banking Compliance. As a Product Manager, you will help develop and lead new in-house product development and on any given day you will be challenged to collaborate with designers, engineers, data scientists and analysts to execute the product strategy- develop, launch, and enhance products and services while managing a broad set of relationships within Compliance, Operational Risk and Tech solution providers.
- Execution: Manage and sequence delivery of business intent, build business requirements and execute against the product strategy. Oversee multiple projects concurrently leading road mapping backed by strong customer problems articulation, defined Objective and Key Results (OKRs), story writing, testing, and product roll-out strategy
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and analytically based problem solving. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative & technology orientation, given that a large part of the Compliance is based on rigorous analytic risk management. Regularly and systematically use data to uncover opportunities, track product performance, and drive decision making.
- Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on achieving both short- and long-term goals in an Agile framework. Testing and iterating in small-scale pilots to validate concepts, refine them to achieve product-program fit, and then scale to drive vertical and horizontal economics across Compliance Teams. Be experienced in human-centered product discovery methods such as design thinking and service design
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues across Capital One including: Tech/IT, Compliance, Operational Risk and Line of Business teams to drive improvement in risk mitigation.
- Solid people leadership and collaboration experience: Ability to build and leverage the capabilities of a high-performing cross functional/cross locational teams to foster innovation, drive critical decisions, hold partners accountable, and be able to consistently deliver results. Establish or participate in Design Thinking, Agile, and LEAN rituals which establish rhythm for the team, promote ongoing communication, and iterative refinement of roadmaps
- Strong executive communication skills: Strong written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment
- Prioritize, negotiate and remove blockers to orchestrate successful launch or optimization cycle
- Experience with Risk Management, Cloud based application design, Machine Learning, AI, or other emerging technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 2 year of experience as product manager of one or more sprint teams
- At least 5 years of product management experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this positionNo agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).