SEO ManagerApply now Job ID R84808 Updated date 01/09/2020 Location Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One is looking for someone to lead the SEO “Search Engine Optimization” strategy for Auto Navigator, a website with over 1 million visitors a month where users can find and finance their next car. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about SEO and driving growth, and can drive results through identifying the right opportunities to go after and partnering across teams to execute on those opportunities.
- Define SEO strategy to drive growth for Auto Navigator; identify, assess, and prioritize SEO initiatives of all types (technical, brand/marketing, analytical, research etc.)
- Conduct competitive analysis and data analysis to understand competitors' SEO strategy and performance
- Perform website/content audits to identify areas of improvement, and define recommendations to address those areas
- Communicate strategy and recommendations to leadership and partner teams
- Define key metrics, and monitor and report out on SEO performance
- Leverage SEO tools such as Brightedge, Moz, and Search Console, and recommend implementation of new tools when appropriate
- Define SEO content strategy and partner with marketing and content team to execute
- Partner with product and tech to scope and execute SEO initiatives
- Train product and tech on SEO best practices and standards, which you will help to define
- Stay up to date on the latest SEO changes and advancements
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience developing and executing SEO strategies
- At least 1 year of experience with technical SEO, on-page and off-page optimization, content strategy and SEO tools
- At least 1 year of experience in website frontend SEO architecture
- 5+ years of experience developing and executing SEO strategies
- 2+ years of experience in financial services marketing
- 2+ years of experience with technical SEO, on-page and off-page optimization, content strategy and SEO tools
- 2+ years of experience in website frontend SEO architecture
- 2+ years of experience in Project Management or Relationship Management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).