Network Vulnerability AnalystApply now Job ID R73129 Updated date 04/15/2019 Location Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a Network Vulnerability Management Analyst, you will leverage your analytic and technical skills to discover cyber risks, prioritize assets, assess risks and utilize remediation/mitigation techniques. As a key team member you will report on risks, and drive and track remediation, mitigation, and acceptance of risk to tackle Cyber business problems.
Vulnerability Analysis & Penetration Testing:
- Analyze vulnerabilities, investigate solutions and countermeasures
- Review and validate vulnerability using available data sources, tools, and identifying new sources as needed
- Project vulnerability decrease against proposed mitigation
- Verify vulnerability reductions after change implementations occur
- Advise stakeholders on appropriate prioritization of remediation/mitigation solution
- Leverage creativity and influence to enhance the Network Vulnerability Management program
- Advise stakeholders on appropriate prioritization of remediation/mitigation solutions
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Degree specialized in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline
- Proven experience in Network Vulnerability Analysis and Penetration Testing
- Experience querying and analyzing large amounts of data utilizing SQL, Python, or a similar scripting language
- Previous IT Operations experience
- Ability to learn new skills as the environment evolves
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
- Network Platform certification (Cisco, F5, Checkpoint, or Palo Alto)
- At least 3 years of experience in Vulnerability Analysis
- At least 2 years of experience querying, analyzing and working with data
- At least 2 years of experience working with Vulnerability scanning, reporting, and Network tools (Qualys, Rapid 7, NMAP, or Kenna)
- Advanced Network Certification (CCNA, CCNP)
- Cyber Certification from ISACA, CompTIA, ISC2 or equivalent
- 2+ year of experience working in an Agile environment
- At least 2 years of experience in Network Penetration testing
- 5+ years of hands on experience with Cisco network devices or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in scripting languages, e.g. Python, JSON, XML, SQL, etc.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).