Master Software EngineerApply now Job ID R81979 Updated date 08/12/2019 Location Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers, and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask “what if?”
- Work with other developers to build full-stack applications with a focus on backend microservices and open source technologies using Docker, AWS, and Python
- Work with a high-performing agile team to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Integrate and deploy microservices/APIs on AWS and other cloud providers
- Architect and implement front ends using Angular or ReactJS
- Support internally developed products by creating standardized monitoring and application frameworks to automate CI/CD pipelines and create “zero touch” applications
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Leverage dedicated innovation time to work on your passion project that will help you and Capital One take the next step in technology
What We Offer:
- Flexible work schedules
- Convenient office locations
- Generous salary and merit-based pay incentives
- A startup mindset with the wallet of a top 10 bank
- Monthly innovation challenges dedicated to test driving cutting edge technologies
- Your choice of equipment (MacBook/PC, iPhone/Android Device)
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 6 years of experience in hands-on software development using Python
- At least 4 years of experience in Algorithms and Data Structures
- At least 3 years of experience in architecting Python back-ends and APIs
- At least 3 years of experience using RDBMS
- At least 2 years of developing applications with Monitoring, Build Tools, Version Control, Unit Test, TDD, Change Management to support DevOps
- At least 2 years of experience with software design and system architecture, including an understanding of cross systems and user impact
- At least 2 years of experience working on cross functional teams and able to translate functional and non-functional requirements working with intent owners, and support teams
- Master's Degree
- 6 + years of experience in hands-on software development using Python
- 4 + years architecting Python back-ends and APIs
- 2+ years of experience in enterprise application development frameworks like Flask or Django
- 4+ years’ experience in Agile practices
- 2+ years’ experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure or public cloud service
- 1+ year of experience in containerization technologies (e.g. Docker)
- 1+ years’ experience working on streaming data applications (Kafka, Kinesis, Flink, or Spark Streaming)
- Experience in profiling applications using required tools.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).