Manager, Compensation - Total RewardsApply now Job ID R84531 Updated date 11/14/2019 Location Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Are you interested in joining a Total Rewards team that enables game-changing business results by providing programs and solutions that unleash greatness? Capital One provides a fast paced, dynamic environment where you can excel in your career while still maintaining a work life balance that others will desire. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company – and one of the best companies to work for.
Here at Capital One we bring an analytically rigorous, data-driven approach to compensation.
We are looking for a Compensation Manager with strong problem solving, communication and influencing skills, who is detail oriented, results focused and flexible with the ability to manage multiple initiatives in a demanding, fast-paced, agile environment. The role will partner with senior leaders and play an active role in formulating the on-going compensation strategy for their client organizations.
The successful candidate will be intellectually curious, able to quickly build acumen in the businesses they support and focused on creating strong partnerships with clients and stakeholders. This individual is also expected to represent the client’s point-of-view in firm wide initiatives and the corporate point-of-view with client groups.
● Design, deliver, and manage compensation programs for assigned client groups
● Serve as primary compensation point of contact to executives and internal partners within client groups
● Manage all aspects of Line-of-Business (LOB) and Corporate Incentive Plans for designated client groups, with a strong emphasis on plan design, implementation, and administration. Responsibilities also include management and analysis of external market data and ensuring incentive plans meet strict internal and external governance/compliance standards
● Work with internal partners (e.g., HR Consultants, Finance, Accounting, Legal, Enterprise Risk) and client group on firm wide programs and/or processes (e.g., regulated staff classification, pay program changes, compensation governance), including conducting in-depth analyses and modeling in support of total compensation scenarios
● Lead mid-year and year-end compensation cycles for assigned client groups, ensuring smooth execution and managing within internal and external controls
● Lead strategic compensation projects, key initiatives or processes horizontally across client groups or Commercial Compensation team, as assigned
● Collaborate with recruiters to develop competitive offer packages for external hires
● Exhibit thought leadership within the team and compensation community
● Apply Agile team practices and principles to deliver results and contribute to team effectiveness
● Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
● At least 4 years of experience in compensation
● At least 4 years of experience in client facing
● At least 2 years of experience with Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint as well as G Suite
● Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or Human Resources
● 5+ years of experience in Compensation, Finance, or Human Resources consulting
● 3+ years of experience working in the Financial Services industry (Commercial Banking experience a plus)
● 5+ years of experience in client facing or consulting roles
● Experience working with Finance or Accounting on incentive accruals
● Experience with benchmarking tools (MarketPay) or reporting tools (Tableau, Business Objects)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).