Product Managers are tech-savvy pioneers, with one eye on what’s new and the other on what’s next. Starting with the customer in mind, they develop cutting-edge products that bring ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. Product Managers are dedicated problem-solvers who leverage big data, agile principles, and human insights to reimagine the way people interact with money – creating experiences that simplify and enhance our customers’ lives.
Benefits start day one for full-time associates and after 90 days for part-time associates. Read more about our full benefits here.
The biggest qualities we look for are being autonomous and self-driven. This culture inspires you to take initiative and rewards you for doing so. I get to use all parts of my brain here.– Emma S., Product Manager
ResponsibilitiesJob ID R86382 Updated date 10/30/2019
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As part of the Card Partnerships organization, you'll team up with world-class professionals to develop and bring to market strategies and products that drive profitable program growth. And you will do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning and rewards innovation.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Ownership for developing and executing the program’s channel product and engagement strategy, which includes creating a comprehensive product roadmap for Digital and POS channels capabilities, whether from existing features or new concepts
● Oversee end to product development of Digital and POS capabilities in collaboration with Tech platform teams
● Develop and enable customer experiences and engagement through implementing digital and physical technology solutions with our retail partner that leverages Capital One’s advanced technology platforms
● Influence the program’s P&L and act on levers to maintain vertical program health
● Initiative leadership, providing intent ownership of strategic initiatives to create sustainable and profitable growth
● Drive and develop business cases for desired channel product initiatives through the use of data/anayltics, including influencing both internally and externally
● Develop deep relationships with the partner and their decision makers
● Maintain adherence to contract, risk, regulatory and compliance requirements, including managing applicable governance processes for owned initiatives
● Collaboration with internal teams including Tech, Credit, Marketing, Finance, Ops, and Legal teams.
● Will have other responsibilities to support key program priorities, including card conversion intent ownership, monthly/quarterly business reviews and audit.
The desired experience and skill set for the ideal candidate include:
● Strategic and analytical: the candidate will have a proven track record of making holistic assessments of our current state through the use of analytics and market data, defining an end state vision, and the audacity to articulate the path to get there. Conceptual thinking and analytical skills must be complemented by a strong orientation towards product management and technical solutions to improve the customer engagement and experience.
● Business and Credit Acumen: Demonstrated experience with credit card program P&L’s and functional knowledge of credit risk
● Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
● Strong judgment, leadership and integrity: the candidate should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a responsible approach to business while in a leadership position guiding execution resources.
● Clear results orientation: focused on achieving both short and long term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment while overseeing multiple projects and programs concurrently.
● Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment.
● Bachelor's degree or Military experience.
● At least 3 years of experience in credit card industry, with an issuer, at a partner or as a consultant
● At least 3 years in client management
● At least 3 years of experience in product development or marketing strategy development
● At least 2 years of experience in financial analytics
● At least 5 years experience in partnerships credit card industry
● At least 2 years in Agile environment
● At least 3 years experience with retail customer loyalty programs
● At least 3 years of working in digital channels
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).