Designer ResearcherApply now Job ID R76954 Updated date 05/31/2019 Location Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Here at Capital One, our goal is to fully engage our customers in order to radically change how they interact with their money. We have a UX Research team and lab and we are looking for a UX Researcher to help design, lead and conduct qualitative and quantitative user research for teams across our Messaging organization.
The UX Researcher will be responsible for creating research plans, moderating research studies, analyzing/synthesizing or leading analysis/synthesis of research projects at every stage of the product lifecycle, and measuring the quality of the experiences.
- Advocate for user research and help champion buy-in from stakeholders and businesses
- Design and conduct studies across key product areas, utilizing both quantitative and qualitative methods such as surveys, A/B testing, individual interviews, ethnographic/field research, diary studies, user/usability testing.
- Leverage analytics tools and quantitative techniques to measure success, present opportunities, and support decision-making and prioritization
- Consult with and mentor designers doing independent research
- Actively monitor and analyze research, data, and trends from internal sources, academic research, and industry published reports to inform and improve our research methods
- Present and communicate research and analysis clearly and effectively across various organizations in any format required. Able to sell, support, explain, and simply present research methodology and research findings to various audience types from sophisticated design experts to non-designers
- Effectively and intelligently help in the iteration of designs by pinpointing key data points from testing, reviews, etc.
What You Bring:
- Ability to present complex qualitative and quantitative data to diverse audiences in an understandable format
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Experience in gaining active end-user involvement in the specification, design, and implementation phases through interviews, remote research, and other observational methods (data analytics, web analytics, remote un-moderated usability studies, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Omni-Channel Messaging Strategies
- Excellent organization and time management
- Passion for human-centered design and marketing
- At least 3 years of user-centered design research experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in behavioral science, HCI, Human Factors, Anthropology, Sociology, or Cognitive Psychology.
- 3+ years of experience of full-life cycle research and inspection methods which occur from ethnography all the way to statistically based user testing
- 3+ years of experience working on consumer and mobile products
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).