Customer Service RepresentativeApply now Job ID R71055 Updated date 04/25/2019 Location Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Imagine a day in a typical call center… now throw that image away! Welcome to a fresh idea in banking. Here at Capital One, we’re reimagining how people bank. You see, we believe banking should fit our customers’ everyday lives - not the other way around. When a customer contacts us, we don’t want them to simply have an interaction, we want them to have an experience that makes them say WOW!
Our Auto Navigator team has been hard at work strategizing ways to provide legendary support that our customers and associates rave about. We have major development opportunities and encourage mentorships with seasoned associates. We work with industry leading technology, including communicating with customers via Online chat. We pride ourselves on our culture and are constantly looking for ways to enhance your workday, including a 3-story slide, a scratch kitchen café, department parties, and daily celebrations!
We’re not just looking to fill open positions – we seek outgoing, passionate people who want to start a long career with a knack for making someone’s day. How cool would it be to tell your friends that your job is to be a ray of sunshine and find solutions that create a happy and loyal customer?
If we’ve caught your attention, read on!
Are you the one that people turn to when they need to solve a problem?
Are you quick on your feet to make a decision?
Do you love the latest technology and do almost everything on your cell phone?
Do you consider yourself talkative?
Are you naturally curious and have an appetite for learning?
Seriously now, if you’re nodding along and like what you are reading, let’s talk!
- Answer inbound calls and greet customers with energy and enthusiasm
- Thrive in a fast-paced, lively and dynamic work environment
- Take an active role in educating customers about our products and services
- Use a conversation based approach to uncover customer needs using open-ended questions – after all, scripts are for robots
- Guide customers through the online enrollment process
- Assist customers with account questions in an energetic and spirited manner
- Perform multiple tasks / navigate multiple systems simultaneously to service the customer’s account or troubleshoot their questions and issues
- Build trust and confidence with our customers that we are there to help serve their needs and reach their financial goals
- Strive for first call resolution, and take true ownership of customer needs and issues
- Own your personal development to achieve job proficiency, meet performance goals and independently keep your own technical know-how up to date
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent certification or military experience
- At least 6 months of customer service experience
- At least 6 months of experience resolving issues in a call center environment.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 2 years of customer service experience in a call center environment
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office and using the internet
- At least 1 year of sales experience
- Above average typing skills (40+ words per minute)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).