Cafe Coach - RittenhouseApply now Job ID R87744 Updated date 11/22/2019 Location Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Welcome to a new idea in banking. Here at Capital One, we're redefining how people bank. You see, we believe banking should fit our customers' everyday lives - not the other way around. Our Capital One Café is a welcoming environment where customers can try out our digital and financial tools, grab a great cup of coffee and get to know our Ambassadors (and each other). It's a place where they can recharge their mobile devices, plug into some free WiFi and learn new ways to save time and money.
We're redefining the typical work experience, too. Our Café team exists to enhance the financial lives of people in the communities we serve. And we're not just looking to fill open positions - we seek outgoing, passionate people who love connecting, teaching and interacting with individuals and the community as a whole and really want to be a part of this whole reimagined banking experience. As the Café Coach, you'll have the unique role of leading a Café team and facilitating legendary experiences for our Customers. As the face of Capital One in the community, you'll build alliances with local organizations and collaborate with vendors to generate new business. You're more than just a manager for the Café Ambassador team, you'll be a trusted mentor and guide for their individual development and overall team performance.
Don't just take our word for it, check out what our Café Ambassadors and Café Coaches have to say about their experience at Capital One, and learn more about working in our Cafés: http://www.capitalonecareers.com/cafe
Here's what we're looking for in you:
- You're a mentor. You'll lead by example and help our Café Ambassadors develop professionally, personally, and as a high-performing team.
- You're obsessed with the Café experience and bring our brand to life. You'll take pride in maintaining the physical space and coaching Café Ambassadors to create a welcoming environment for Café customers and visitors.
- You're a forward thinker and drive continuous improvement. You never settle for the status quo. In fact, discovery drives you, and you're bringing everyone along for the ride.
- You're a proven leader with a franchise ownership attitude. You've been there, done that as a manager of a team focused on achieving and exceeding customer-based goals and metrics.
- You're friendly and engaging and can connect with Café visitors and regulars alike. Yep, you're a people person - whether you're handing out free coffee cards, helping folks with technology challenges or simply showing off some of the cool services and products we offer.
- You're part of the community and have a deep understanding of your market. You'll work with local businesses, nonprofits and charities to plan events both in and outside of the Café.
- You're naturally curious and like to learn. We'll teach you what Capital One has to offer our customers - products, services and experiences - to help steer them in the right direction toward their financial goals.
- You're digitally savvy. You'll showcase what's possible in our physical space and how to easily navigate our mobile and online experience.
- You're a customer advocate. You are always within reach when our customers need assistance. They rely on you to steer them in the right direction. You listen with patience and offer advice that's concise and easy to understand.
- You're a team player. You'll work with an energized team of Café Ambassadors and help inspire your teammates as they inspire you...If you're nodding along and like what you're reading, let's talk.
- High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent Certification
- At least 2 years of Customer, Retail, or Financial Services experience
- At least 1 year of People Management experience
- At least 3 years of Customer, Retail, or Financial Services experience
- At least 2 years of People Management experience
- Bachelor's Degree
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).