Business Development Banker- Florida
Category Business Banking
Experience Sr. Manager
Primary Address Orlando, Florida
OverviewLocations: Sales - FL - Orlando, United States of America, Orlando, FloridaBusiness Development Banker- Florida
The Business Development Banker generates business loans, new deposits, Treasury Management services, and other revenue income to Capital One Bank. The principal role of the Business Development Banker is meeting with prospects, developing strong relationships in their respected marketplace, and closing business. It’s essential that the Business Development Banker has strong existing Centers of Influence and continues to build their COI’s by networking with CPA’s, attorney’s and Commercial Real Estate agents. Once an opportunity is won, the Business Development Banker will continue to retain the client within the banker’s book of business with a focus on and deepening the relationship.
- Identify and develop new business relationships that have annual revenues between $2MM - $20MM
- 80-90% of time will be spent in market generating business by meeting with prospects, outside calling, attending networking functions, and community events
- Work closely with Centers of Influence (COI) to include CPA’s, lawyers, and commercial real estate brokers to assist in driving new business. Also, have a well-defined marketing strategy that will target their respected goals.
- Effectively onboard business prospects and grow existing business customer’s lending, depository, and treasury management relationships
- Understand and carry out senior management’s (Group Sales Executive, Market Sales Executive and Market Credit Executive) sales objective(s) within their respective marketplace / territory
- Partner with multiple lines of business within Capital One including but not limited to: Treasury Management, Wealth Management, and Vantiv Merchant Services to help cross-sell Capital One products and services and deepen new and existing banking relationships
- Have in-depth experience of the pre-qualification, structuring, and pricing on all credit requests to adhere to Capital One Bank profitability standards
- Maintain a strong understanding of Capital One’s credit policy, evaluate risk on credit and depository products, and recognize client eligibility to successfully submit credit/application packages.
- Stay current with national, regional, and local industry trends
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships with customers and prospects
- Strong Center of Influence (COI) network
- Experience in analyzing financial statements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong prospecting and sales skills
- Credit knowledge
- High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent Certification
- At least 2 years of Business Banking experience
- 5 years Business Banking experience
- Formal credit training
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
How We Hire
We take finding great coworkers pretty seriously.
Step 1 Apply
It only takes a few minutes to complete our application and assessment.
Step 2 Screen and Schedule
If your application is a good match you’ll hear from one of our recruiters to set up a screening interview.
Step 3 Interview(s)
Now’s your chance to learn about the job, show us who you are, share why you would be a great addition to the team and determine if Capital One is the place for you.
Step 4 Decision
The team will discuss — if it’s a good fit for us and you, we’ll make it official!
How to Pick the Perfect Career Opportunity
Overwhelmed by a tough career choice? Read these tips from Devon Rollins, Senior Director of Cyber Intelligence, to help you accept the right offer with confidence.
Your wellbeing is our priority
Our benefits and total compensation package is designed for the whole person. Caring for both you and your family.
Healthy Body, Healthy Mind
You have options and we have the tools to help you decide which health plans best fit your needs.
Save Money, Make Money
Secure your present, plan for your future and reduce expenses along the way.
Time, Family and Advice
Options for your time, opportunities for your family, and advice along the way. It’s time to BeWell.
Here’s how the team fits together. We’re big on growth and knowing who and how coworkers can best support you.
You don't have any pinned jobs right now
Want more jobs like this?
Set a Job Alert
Explore Your Options
Build the next generation of digital tools for our customers—we’re always innovating solutions.Explore 472 Jobs
Leverage technology in new and powerful ways to pioneer change, all in the pursuit of changing banking for good.Explore 558 Jobs
When our customers have questions about our products and services, they’ll turn to you.Explore 9 Jobs
Design and create future-forward products on a team of innovators helping to change banking for good.Explore 349 Jobs
Write code and crunch numbers, all in pursuit of developing models that solve problems—and make us a better bank.Explore 70 Jobs
Use your tech skills to stop cyber threats and help make banking safe and secure for our customers.Explore 39 Jobs
Help us tell our story by creating memorable digital experiences for our customers through your creativity and ingenuity.Explore 105 Jobs
Take your place on the front lines, representing our brand, problem solving and building relationships with the customersExplore 175 Jobs
Your outgoing personality and tech-savvy know-how can make all the difference for the customers that visit our cafés.Explore 22 Jobs
Use cutting-edge software, audit methodologies, and data science to help us make great business decisions.Explore 25 Jobs
Use your bold perspective and specialized skills to drive projects and implement financial strategies—challenging the way banking is done.Explore 83 Jobs
Deliver expert advice, superior products and best-in-class service to our commercial partners.Explore 38 Jobs
Your entrepreneurial mindset and expertise leads to one-of-a-kind service for every small business owner you assist.Explore 26 Jobs
Use your expertise and perspective to bring insights to the table so we can grow in the right ways.Explore 187 Jobs
Be on the frontlines of attracting, engaging and retaining top talent that’s helping us change banking for good.Explore 59 Jobs
Marketing and Communications
Help us tell our story, connect with customers and introduce our products and to the world.Explore 11 Jobs
Help us communicate how we’re changing banking for good, and ensure our brand is one of the most recognized in the industry.Explore 42 Jobs
Analyze, develop and test the strategies that pull insights from our data and move us forward.Explore 24 Jobs
Use your strategic and analytical skills to help solve major challenges and make both our business and banking, better.Explore 85 Jobs
Offer simple answers to complex questions, while helping both our team and customers thrive.Explore 95 Jobs
Move our innovations closer to reality by mitigating legal risk with your expertise and ability to advise on strategic business decisions.Explore 14 Jobs