Principal Payroll Lead (People Manager)Apply now Job ID R12607 Updated date 10/13/2016 Locations North York, Ontario
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Talented teams drive our organization forward through ideas and innovation and sharing of success and accomplishments, each step of the way. In addition to being voted "Best Places to Work" in Canada, Capital One offers a team-based, collaborative culture, with a passion for innovation and a great focus on development and growth for associates. Learn more about the position and all that Capital One Canada has to offer!
As a Team-Lead of HR Shared Services you will make an impact in planning and leading the implementation of program and systems’ changes, as well as manage the day-to-day operations of the core HR services, which include payroll operations and Global Mobility. You like to collaborate and partner with the Canada HR team; enterprise HR teams; local Legal and Risk functions and external vendors to define and deliver associate programs. You are a unique blend of strategic thinker, team leader and an operational guru.
- Responsible for ensuring a compliant and timely bi-weekly payroll (1000+ associates) that results in client and associate satisfaction
- Provides direction to the payroll team as required to streamline processes, improve functionality and create efficiencies
- Represent the payroll function for internal and external audits
- Create and maintain process documentation to ensure audit readiness
- Executes manager level audits and approval for the biweekly pay
- Drives process improvement ideas and execution
- Ensures all procedural and process documentation is updated
- Manage Immigration function for Canada
- Supports Global Mobility process as it impacts Canada
- Owns coordination between different HR functions to ensure the smooth transition for International assignments
- Partner with the Recruitment team and legal counsel for Labor Market Impact Assessments (LMIA) applications
- Coordinate between the associate, business and legal counsel to ensure required applications are completed in compliance with immigration legislation
- Partners with KPMG and US operations team to ensure compliance with tax legislation for international assignees
- Consults with business leaders and immigration counsel to deliver an immigration strategy that is aligned with the needs of Capital One and its associates
- Ensure that the Canada HR vendors deliver a cost effective, accurate, customer-aligned, and timely service that supports the HR strategy and meets the organizational and external risk management requirements
Autonomy and Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Level of Supervision: limited supervision required
- Structure Level: Structure most tasks independently
- Management of Others: Yes, team of 3
Basic Qualifications/ Experience:
- At least 5 years of experience in Payroll or at least 5 years’ experience in Human Resources Operations
- At least 1-year experience leading/managing a team
- Advanced in Microsoft Office
- At least 1-year experience in a Process Management role or at least 1-year experience in a Project Management role or at least 1-year experience in a Program Management role
Preferred Qualifications/ Experience:
- Associates degree
- FPC (US) certification or CPP (US) certification or CPM (CAN) certification or CHRP (CAN) certification
- Process certification Six Sigma Lean methodologies certification
- 1+ years of experience working in a payroll systems software application
- 1+ years of experience with time and labor software
- 1+ years of experience with case management systems
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com.
All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).