Structured Products Analyst
Category Commercial Banking
Experience Sr. Associate
Primary Address New York, New York
OverviewNYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New YorkStructured Products Analyst
At Capital One, we are a Top 10 U.S. Bank, with the strength and stability to meet the needs of any business. Our Commercial Banking group services a $65 billion loan portfolio and more than 6,100 clients. Our Commercial Bank is growing at a dynamic pace and offers a broad array of products and services, including but not limited to: Financing (Commercial Lending, Loan Syndications), Capital Markets (Interest Rate Derivatives, Commodity Derivatives, Foreign Exchange, Investment Banking (including debt and equity capital markets), Institutional Sales & Trading, Equity Research), Treasury Management, and Wealth & Asset Management. Our services and specialties run the gamut - from Commercial Real Estate to Healthcare to Energy and TMT.
The Analyst position is within the Capital Markets’ Securitized Products team, driving new business opportunities and executing on existing ABS and CLO transactions. The Securitized Products group primarily works with clients in the Financial Institutions Group (FIG) to structure, arrange and distribute bonds to institutional investors. The FIG client set operates across a broad range of asset classes in the ABS consumer sector, ABS commercial sector & MM CLO sector.
The position offers substantial opportunities to gain financial and technical expertise, professional development, and upward mobility, while taking on a substantial amount of responsibility driving new business opportunities and executing on existing ABS and CLO transactions.
General responsibilities include:
- Provide origination, structuring and execution services which will facilitate the team winning lead and co-mgr ABS and CLO mandates
- Assist in the execution and closing of ABS and CLO transactions
- Coordinate the deal execution process and support the senior banking and syndicate team to ensure all processes are completed in a timely manner
- Assist in discussions with Rating Agencies and in the analysis and preparation of rating agency materials
- Review legal transaction documentation
- Interact with accounting firms, trustees, and external transaction parties to ensure timely closing of deals
- Provide senior deal sponsorship internally
- Partner with Capital One Relationship Managers and Capital Markets bankers to pitch existing / potential ABS and CLO clients and develop pitch book materials that support client initiatives
- Provide R&D efforts as the group looks to expand into new products and asset classes such as RMBS and other structured products
- Coordinate ABS / CLO activities with internal sales team to ensure proper messaging to investors, including the preparation of sales memos
- Develop an understanding of ABS / CLO structures
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 1-2 years of Securitized Products Capital Markets experience
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business, or economics
- A working knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software programs
- Strong communication skills to effectively partner and market the ABS/CLO product to internal and external constituencies
- Knowledge of general accounting and finance principles
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal communication, and writing skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Team player as much of the work is team-oriented, but also a self-starter with the ability to complete assignments individually and improve upon processes and responsibilities
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and a team player as much of the work is team-oriented, but also a self-starter with the ability to complete assignments individually and improve upon processes and responsibilities
- A passion for excellence and a desire to work hard, win, and have fun
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
How We Hire
We take finding great coworkers pretty seriously.
Step 1 Apply
It only takes a few minutes to complete our application and assessment.
Step 2 Screen and Schedule
If your application is a good match you’ll hear from one of our recruiters to set up a screening interview.
Step 3 Interview(s)
Now’s your chance to learn about the job, show us who you are, share why you would be a great addition to the team and determine if Capital One is the place for you.
Step 4 Decision
The team will discuss — if it’s a good fit for us and you, we’ll make it official!
How to Pick the Perfect Career Opportunity
Overwhelmed by a tough career choice? Read these tips from Devon Rollins, Senior Director of Cyber Intelligence, to help you accept the right offer with confidence.
Your wellbeing is our priority
Our benefits and total compensation package is designed for the whole person. Caring for both you and your family.
Healthy Body, Healthy Mind
You have options and we have the tools to help you decide which health plans best fit your needs.
Save Money, Make Money
Secure your present, plan for your future and reduce expenses along the way.
Time, Family and Advice
Options for your time, opportunities for your family, and advice along the way. It’s time to BeWell.
Here’s how the team fits together. We’re big on growth and knowing who and how coworkers can best support you.
You don't have any pinned jobs right now
Want more jobs like this?
Set a Job Alert
Explore Your Options
Build the next generation of digital tools for our customers—we’re always innovating solutions.Explore 472 Jobs
Leverage technology in new and powerful ways to pioneer change, all in the pursuit of changing banking for good.Explore 558 Jobs
When our customers have questions about our products and services, they’ll turn to you.Explore 9 Jobs
Design and create future-forward products on a team of innovators helping to change banking for good.Explore 349 Jobs
Write code and crunch numbers, all in pursuit of developing models that solve problems—and make us a better bank.Explore 70 Jobs
Use your tech skills to stop cyber threats and help make banking safe and secure for our customers.Explore 39 Jobs
Help us tell our story by creating memorable digital experiences for our customers through your creativity and ingenuity.Explore 105 Jobs
Take your place on the front lines, representing our brand, problem solving and building relationships with the customersExplore 175 Jobs
Your outgoing personality and tech-savvy know-how can make all the difference for the customers that visit our cafés.Explore 22 Jobs
Use cutting-edge software, audit methodologies, and data science to help us make great business decisions.Explore 25 Jobs
Use your bold perspective and specialized skills to drive projects and implement financial strategies—challenging the way banking is done.Explore 83 Jobs
Deliver expert advice, superior products and best-in-class service to our commercial partners.Explore 38 Jobs
Your entrepreneurial mindset and expertise leads to one-of-a-kind service for every small business owner you assist.Explore 26 Jobs
Use your expertise and perspective to bring insights to the table so we can grow in the right ways.Explore 187 Jobs
Be on the frontlines of attracting, engaging and retaining top talent that’s helping us change banking for good.Explore 59 Jobs
Marketing and Communications
Help us tell our story, connect with customers and introduce our products and to the world.Explore 11 Jobs
Help us communicate how we’re changing banking for good, and ensure our brand is one of the most recognized in the industry.Explore 42 Jobs
Analyze, develop and test the strategies that pull insights from our data and move us forward.Explore 24 Jobs
Use your strategic and analytical skills to help solve major challenges and make both our business and banking, better.Explore 85 Jobs
Offer simple answers to complex questions, while helping both our team and customers thrive.Explore 95 Jobs
Move our innovations closer to reality by mitigating legal risk with your expertise and ability to advise on strategic business decisions.Explore 14 Jobs