Sr. Business Manager - Credit Risk QuantificationApply now Job ID R79348 Updated date 07/16/2019 Location New York, New York
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One is one of the largest, most analytically sophisticated Financial Services providers in the world. We offer a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses, and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
Our Commercial Bank has grown to become the 8th largest in the United States through both organic growth and several strategic acquisitions. The ~$100BN loan portfolio is a mix of Middle Market, CRE (Permanent and Construction), and Specialty C&I (e.g. Healthcare, Energy, Municipal) loans.
The role is to lead a team of quantitative modelers to combine business intuition and data-driven insights into high-impact risk rating models for the Commercial Bank. These models drive the composition of our loan portfolio through business-critical processes including:
- Credit decisions and loan pricing
- Stress tests and capital planning
- Loan loss reserves
The ideal candidate for this challenging, high-impact role will be:
- Looking to grow as a leader, managing a team of high-powered quantitative analysts
- A creative problem solver, able to combine quantitative analysis and business judgment into a coherent whole
- A strong partner with teams across the Commercial Bank, building productive relationships with Credit, Underwriting, and Line of Business executives
- Lead a team in developing Probability of Default, Loss Given Default and Exposure at Default models for the Commercial Bank
- Own the model development process across all stages of model development including data collection, model build, model validation, testing and calibration
- Engage with Credit, Underwriting, and Line of Business executives to drive a consensus on proposed modeling approaches
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with stakeholders including the Model Validation Group, Credit Review, Audit, and regulators
- Support partner teams responsible for related quantitative functions, including stress testing, capital adequacy analysis, and other ad hoc portfolio analytics
- Lead special projects to support Commercial Bank risk management and strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Financial Engineering, Operations Research, Physics) or equivalent quantitative work experience
- Ability to lead engaged and productive quantitative modeling teams
- A consistent focus on driving to high-quality and impactful results
- Ability to communicate technical subject matter clearly and concisely to varied audiences, including senior executives with non-technical backgrounds
- Strong influencing skills and ability to partner/collaborate across functions
- 7+ years of relevant credit / quantitative experience, including 4+ years of commercial credit risk modeling experience (as a practitioner in a Commercial Bank, or in a consulting role)
- Familiarity with up-to-date statistical modeling techniques in real-world settings
- Deep understanding and knowledge of the Commercial Banking business and current risk-related regulatory mandates
- Experience in underwriting, deal structuring, credit analysis or credit portfolio management and Professional qualifications (CFA, FRM, etc)
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).