Product Managers are tech-savvy pioneers, with one eye on what’s new and the other on what’s next. Starting with the customer in mind, they develop cutting-edge products that bring ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. Product Managers are dedicated problem-solvers who leverage big data, agile principles, and human insights to reimagine the way people interact with money – creating experiences that simplify and enhance our customers’ lives.
Benefits start day one for full-time associates and after 90 days for part-time associates. Read more about our full benefits here.
The biggest qualities we look for are being autonomous and self-driven. This culture inspires you to take initiative and rewards you for doing so. I get to use all parts of my brain here.– Emma S., Product Manager
ResponsibilitiesJob ID R92037 Updated date 02/13/2020
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Enterprise Customer Intelligence is a team of product managers, data scientists and engineers who are passionate about enabling financial products that are aware and adaptive to consumers’ needs. We develop APIs, data platforms and tools for Capital One to develop and apply continuous customer understanding and context in all our consumer products and experiences.
At Capital One, we believe deep understanding of our customers and consumers at large will help us deliver innovative customer experiences, drive differentiation in the marketplace, and simultaneously create business and consumer value.
We are looking for a technical product manager to deliver data capabilities, platform services and tools that enable data scientists and analysts to streamline the build and productionization of customer centric machine learning models and analytics.
- Lead product strategy to significantly improve the data discovery, understanding and access experience for all data consumers.
- Develop empathy and understanding of current challenges.
- Work with stakeholders across the enterprise to develop a comprehensive solution: tools/products/integrations, APIs, UIs/modals, process change.
- Identify and develop new data capabilities aimed at delivering customer understanding, context and events.
- Prioritize and rationalize roadmap against business needs, longer term platform health and partnership needs.
- Oversee and coordinate the delivery and launch of platform and API that enable partner product teams to build data-driven products.
- Evangelize platform capabilities with the consumers of our services and the executives who support them.
- Collaborate with various partner teams to inform end customer experiences based on our data capabilities.
- Translate between business requirements and technology specifications – in both directions: top-down and bottom-up.
- Manage inter-team and technology dependencies to mitigate project and product risks.
- Develop and nurture collaborative working relationships with key internal partners including business teams, various product teams, and enterprise technology organizations.
Ideal candidate has:
- Application of machine learning and architecture of adaptive systems.
- Proven track record in balancing consumer outcomes, business needs and technical feasibility and delivery.
- Success in navigating corporate environments and startups.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with demonstrated critical thinking skills and creativity.
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in digital product management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- MBA or Master’s degree.
- 5 + years of experience with ML, data product, platforms or backend systems product development experience in an Agile environment.
- 3+ years experience with AWS.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
- Sr. Business Analyst - Commercial Loss Forecasting New York, New York
- Director, Product Management - Money Movement New York, New York
- Senior Manager, Data Scientist - NLP McLean, Virginia, New York, New York
- Business Manager New York, New York