Product Managers are tech-savvy pioneers, with one eye on what’s new and the other on what’s next. Starting with the customer in mind, they develop cutting-edge products that bring ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. Product Managers are dedicated problem-solvers who leverage big data, agile principles, and human insights to reimagine the way people interact with money – creating experiences that simplify and enhance our customers’ lives.
Benefits start day one for full-time associates and after 90 days for part-time associates. Read more about our full benefits here.
The biggest qualities we look for are being autonomous and self-driven. This culture inspires you to take initiative and rewards you for doing so. I get to use all parts of my brain here.– Emma S., Product Manager
ResponsibilitiesJob ID R86986 Updated date 11/01/2019
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
We’re looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager that has the chops to understand how important the right tools and experience are in building great software, empathize with developers as their customers, and build a roadmap to solve those needs. You’ll span Strategy, Design, Tech, and Marketing to define and deploy developer tools in an Agile environment.
To fit in, you must believe in the power of APIs, be jazzed about delivering amazingly simple experiences that improve developers’ lives through user-friendly, powerful, and smart digital tools.
As a senior member of the product team, you’ll be on point for:
- Leading consumer research and synthesizing it into new product ideas
- Defining, building towards, and launching MVPs that turn into successful products.
- Mentoring and coaching more junior members of the product team.
- Defining and owning the product backlog for the development teams
- Defining product KPIs and success metrics
- Setting a strategy vision for various developer tools and related services to increase usage and deliver business results
What you’ll bring:
- A bias toward action and a proven track record of delivering minimum viable products to market at rapid speed
- Excellent communication skills to navigate a large organization, and inspire teams about things that should exist but don’t exist yet
- Ability to proactively identify impediments on the critical path and remove them
- A structured problem-solving approach to help a team work through a wide range of issues
- Intellectual curiosity for emerging technologies and engineering challenges
- Ability to prioritize across different types of value dimensions
- Ability to actively seek out multiple opinions, yet make independent decisions and influence positive outcomes
- Ability to keep the crowd warmed up while the team fixes the broken demo
- Ability to drive process across multiple lines of business
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of product management experience
- At least 4 years of experience working with an Agile delivery methodology
- 4+ years of experience in API management, software development, data technologies, data modeling or AWS
- 2+ years of experience managing cross-functional teams
- 1+ years of experience coding, testing, or devops tooling
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).