Senior Business Banker- Northeast
Category Business Banking
Experience Sr. Manager
Primary Address New York, New York
OverviewNYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New YorkSenior Business Banker- Northeast
Capital One has a distinct competitive advantage from being a relatively young bank that can move quickly and challenge the status quo. We’re creative and innovative, not stuck in a rut from decades of doing things the same old way. Bankers have an extraordinary opportunity to help shape the future of a company that is challenging its competitors and moving strategically toward industry leadership. Our flexibility has positioned us as the challenger in the market, and we are poised for tremendous growth. All of these factors have come together at the perfect time to create an unprecedented opportunity for Bankers to develop untapped business among Capital One customers.
The Banker is a member of a relationship management team that is responsible for building relationships with businesses and/or high net worth individuals within an assigned region/community. The roles responsibility includes managing and cross-selling a client portfolio comprised of treasury management and/or credit clients with a focus on deepening relationships and generating additional revenue from existing clients. In addition to being the primary point of contact and key financial advisor for the client, the Banker is also accountable for developing new business. The Banker develops, markets and administers, demand and time deposits, existing loans and cross sells related banking accounts and services. The Banker should possess the ability to develop relationships with the appropriate decision makers within the clients or prospects company. The Banker should be capable of organizing, leading and negotiating with a team of Bank Associates in order to provide solutions to client issues.
• Develops and maintains the company's relationships with contacts/customers to maintain and expand business.
• Maintains a regular calling program on customers and prospects in order to generate high quality new deposit and loan business from existing clients in order to achieve or exceed specific production goals.
• Meets with existing customers and prospects through personal calling efforts and other contacts to discuss business needs and recommend ways in which the bank can help provide business solutions to all of their financial needs.
• Assists in planning the portfolio growth through the development of a business plan in alignment with departmental budget and consistent with overall Bank asset/liability management objectives.
• Responsible for expanding their prospect and COI base by consistently networking in the community.
• Responsible for the sale and administration of all banking services to include deposits, loans, investments, trust, etc. to businesses and/or individuals within the assigned region.
• Coordinates with various divisions and departments (Trust, Branches, Operations, etc.) in the servicing of routine transactions and in solving the special customers.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of competitors products and pricing in the market served.
• Responsible for the proper pre-qualification, structuring, pricing, and exception-free closing on all loans in their assigned area.
• Reviews demand deposit profitability analysis and outlines strategies to bring unprofitable accounts back to profitable status.
• Evaluates risk and compensating demand deposit balances of each loan in order to properly price loan to meet profitability standards.
• Works with borrowing customers to procure updated financial information on an ongoing basis.
• Communicates lending decisions to customer.
• Follows up on loan exceptions to insure timely clearing. Controls volume of exceptions.
• Serves as a representative in various civic and community functions to further enhance its image and develop additional business.
• High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent Certification
• At least 2 years of Business Banking experience
• 5 years of Business Banking experience
• Formal credit training
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
How We Hire
We take finding great coworkers pretty seriously.
Step 1 Apply
It only takes a few minutes to complete our application and assessment.
Step 2 Screen and Schedule
If your application is a good match you’ll hear from one of our recruiters to set up a screening interview.
Step 3 Interview(s)
Now’s your chance to learn about the job, show us who you are, share why you would be a great addition to the team and determine if Capital One is the place for you.
Step 4 Decision
The team will discuss — if it’s a good fit for us and you, we’ll make it official!
How to Pick the Perfect Career Opportunity
Overwhelmed by a tough career choice? Read these tips from Devon Rollins, Senior Director of Cyber Intelligence, to help you accept the right offer with confidence.
Your wellbeing is our priority
Our benefits and total compensation package is designed for the whole person. Caring for both you and your family.
Healthy Body, Healthy Mind
You have options and we have the tools to help you decide which health plans best fit your needs.
Save Money, Make Money
Secure your present, plan for your future and reduce expenses along the way.
Time, Family and Advice
Options for your time, opportunities for your family, and advice along the way. It’s time to BeWell.
Here’s how the team fits together. We’re big on growth and knowing who and how coworkers can best support you.
You don't have any pinned jobs right now
Want more jobs like this?
Set a Job Alert
Explore Your Options
Build the next generation of digital tools for our customers—we’re always innovating solutions.Explore 591 Jobs
Leverage technology in new and powerful ways to pioneer change, all in the pursuit of changing banking for good.Explore 695 Jobs
When our customers have questions about our products and services, they’ll turn to you.Explore 11 Jobs
Design and create future-forward products on a team of innovators helping to change banking for good.Explore 355 Jobs
Write code and crunch numbers, all in pursuit of developing models that solve problems—and make us a better bank.Explore 84 Jobs
Use your tech skills to stop cyber threats and help make banking safe and secure for our customers.Explore 41 Jobs
Help us tell our story by creating memorable digital experiences for our customers through your creativity and ingenuity.Explore 94 Jobs
Take your place on the front lines, representing our brand, problem solving and building relationships with the customersExplore 191 Jobs
Your outgoing personality and tech-savvy know-how can make all the difference for the customers that visit our cafés.Explore 29 Jobs
Use cutting-edge software, audit methodologies, and data science to help us make great business decisions.Explore 30 Jobs
Use your bold perspective and specialized skills to drive projects and implement financial strategies—challenging the way banking is done.Explore 99 Jobs
Deliver expert advice, superior products and best-in-class service to our commercial partners.Explore 42 Jobs
Your entrepreneurial mindset and expertise leads to one-of-a-kind service for every small business owner you assist.Explore 27 Jobs
Use your expertise and perspective to bring insights to the table so we can grow in the right ways.Explore 192 Jobs
Be on the frontlines of attracting, engaging and retaining top talent that’s helping us change banking for good.Explore 41 Jobs
Marketing and Communications
Help us tell our story, connect with customers and introduce our products and to the world.Explore 21 Jobs
Help us communicate how we’re changing banking for good, and ensure our brand is one of the most recognized in the industry.Explore 39 Jobs
Analyze, develop and test the strategies that pull insights from our data and move us forward.Explore 34 Jobs
Use your strategic and analytical skills to help solve major challenges and make both our business and banking, better.Explore 82 Jobs
Offer simple answers to complex questions, while helping both our team and customers thrive.Explore 112 Jobs
Move our innovations closer to reality by mitigating legal risk with your expertise and ability to advise on strategic business decisions.Explore 20 Jobs