Product Managers are tech-savvy pioneers, with one eye on what’s new and the other on what’s next. Starting with the customer in mind, they develop cutting-edge products that bring ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. Product Managers are dedicated problem-solvers who leverage big data, agile principles, and human insights to reimagine the way people interact with money – creating experiences that simplify and enhance our customers’ lives.
Benefits start day one for full-time associates and after 90 days for part-time associates. Read more about our full benefits here.
The biggest qualities we look for are being autonomous and self-driven. This culture inspires you to take initiative and rewards you for doing so. I get to use all parts of my brain here.– Emma S., Product Manager
ResponsibilitiesJob ID R74488 Updated date 05/02/2019
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Founded in 2012, Capital One Labs @capitalonelabs is an experimental product & technology lab. It’s a startup culture with the financial backing of a Fortune 100 company. With teams in DC & NYC, Labs is a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, developers, and other innovators who are committed to help customers and Capital One succeed.
We do this by looking up to 3 years into the future to identify high impact opportunities, and then we set out to develop and deliver new and impactful solutions. The lab is focused on researching emerging technologies in areas such as machine learning, identity, and payment technologies to stay ahead of the competition and appeal to the digital savvy consumer. If you’re interested in helping to build the next generation of banking products, please connect with our team.
As a Product Manager in Capital One Labs, you’ll be working with product leaders to discover and shape new product and business opportunities across all areas of consumer finance. We use human-centered design techniques, and we always keep the customer at the heart of our work. You'll lead a cross-functional team to understand user needs, uncover product solutions, deliver against roadmaps, and place next-generation consumer financial products in market. These products will be delivered and scaled in partnership with Capital One’s flagship businesses and products. In addition to your contributions on the overall product agenda for the company, you’ll also play a key role in shaping our culture and our people. You’ll provide mentorship for your teammates and will be an ambassador for Capital One Labs throughout the organization. The role is a springboard to learn about the various businesses in Capital One to prepare you for a rotation into the larger organization executing a strong innovative product vision.
- Participating in product explorations across all areas of the business
- Leading road mapping, goal setting, story writing, product execution, testing, and product roll-out strategy
- Building product learning agenda and OKRs to measure success/failure
- Testing and iterating in small-scale pilots to validate concepts, refine them to achieve product-market fit, and then scale to drive vertical and horizontal economics
- Contributing to a fast-moving, results-driven culture that also prioritizes continuous learning
- Building internal and external relationships across Capital One and the start-up community
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience leading cross-functional product teams in a startup or a leading technology corporation
- Have exceptional communication skills
- Be fluent in human-centered product discovery methods such as design thinking and service design
- Have experience shipping multiple products across variety of platforms and channels
- Have experience with Payments, Machine Learning, AI, or other emerging technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 4 years of experience as product owner of one or more sprint teams (e.g., prioritizing a backlog, running ceremonies, releases)
- At least 4 years of product management experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
- Principal Quantitative Modeler New York, New York
- Principal Associate, Data Science McLean, Virginia, New York, New York
- Sr. Business Manager - Credit Risk Quantification New York, New York
- Sr. Business Analyst – Market Experience Engineering Richmond, Virginia, McLean, Virginia, New York, New York, Plano, Texas