Principal Financial Analyst - Commercial Banking FinanceApply now Job ID R76896 Updated date 05/31/2019 Location New York, New York; Chicago, Illinois
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Analyze and forecast financial performance, management reports, products and processes as well as apply advanced forecasting techniques to key value driver forecasts. Develop and build forecasting models, research financial and economic trends for specific projects, and provide technical solutions for business analysis. Develop cost models to be used in individual area analysis. Forecast important business variables, generate monthly/quarterly business reviews, analyze both historical and forecasting results, and make business recommendations. Develop methodologies and processes that provide transparency of costs and cost drivers to recipient businesses, and analyze current financial results to identify and address evolving business issues and opportunities. Provide management and business clients with project statuses. Perform reporting and analysis to support presentation and ad-hoc requests.
Roles require strong communication, problem solving, strategic thinking, and influencing skills in order to effectively:
- Articulate outcomes of analysis and relevant insights
- Partner with business leadership to assess the financial implications of ongoing efforts to grow the organization
- Develop presentations to communicate business and analysis results to senior leadership audiences
- Financial analysis & reporting: Accurately analyze & explain key cost drivers and monthly variances, suggest actions to the business, and manage the regular reporting process
- Budgeting, forecasting, and Profit & Loss (P&L) management
- Business presentations: Assist in development of presentations to communicate analysis results to senior audiences, clearly articulate outcomes of analysis to leadership teams
- Ad-hoc requests and special projects
- Independently manage and prioritize workload
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 4 years’ experience in financial analysis
- At least 4 years’ experience with financial modeling
- Experience in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or Master’s Degree in Finance
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) license or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- 5+ years’ experience in financial analysis
- 5+ years’ experience with financial modeling
- 5+ years’ experience in strategic analysis & planning
- Proven business relationship, communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills
- Demonstrated independent problem solving and strategic thinking abilities
- Strong teamwork skills; ability to positively contribute to overall success of the team
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).