Head of Line of Business and Product MarketingApply now Job ID R73691 Updated date 04/18/2019 Location New York, New York; McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One is seeking a Director to lead the Line of Business (LOB) and Product Marketing Team for Capital One Commercial Banking. This team leads the relationship with each LOB, tasked with collaborating closely to understand the business strategy and develop a marketing strategy and tactical program to help each business meet their objectives. Ultimately, they are responsible for stewarding the marketing plan and budget, setting and measuring KPIs, and driving meaningful engagement with clients and prospects. This unique role is challenging because it covers both strategy and execution- requiring strong analytical rigor, white space thinking, communication, network-building, people management and leadership skills. The successful candidate will be tasked with influencing decision makers across the Commercial Bank to implement impactful new initiatives and ultimately drive business and brand growth.
This is an exciting time to join the Commercial Marketing team in transforming how we market to our clients and prospects. We are expanding into new marketing channels and content strategies, while actively connecting marketing activities to the business strategy and sales process. You will team with world-class professionals to develop and test strategies that ultimately impact the bottom line. And you will do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, invests in developing people leadership, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic leadership: Lead a team of campaign managers to develop marketing strategies and programs that will drive growth, profitability, and competitive success for Capital One in the face of shifting industry and regulatory behavior. And create and evangelize the vision for how marketing can ultimately support the Lines of Business and drive growth
- Strong executive communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Business ownership: Have an ownership mindset; consider P&L and marketing investment accountability for all LOB’s. Strategic planning with a 6-12 month horizon
- Analysis: Lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams, to identify business challenges and opportunities that Marketing can directly impact
- Process: Create, own, document, and improve well-managed processes to get work done efficiently, effectively, and adhering to brand, legal, and compliance standards
- People leadership experience: Above all, ability to build and leverage the capabilities of a high-performing team, as well as business partners across the enterprise. He/she should foster innovation, drive critical decisions, hold business partners accountable, and be able to consistently deliver results. Team responsibilities include:
- Channel Marketing: package analysis and strategy into opportunity “brief” for Channel (ex: Email, Collateral, Advertising, PR, Web, etc) Strategy teams that utilizes targeted insights to inform the intent and development of marketing activities as part of a holistic go to market strategy.
- Solution Development: With channel partners, develop integrated marketing plan, which includes a tactical roadmap and execution plan. Roadmap will include building hypotheses, scoping operational feasibility, leading implementation efforts and developing a monitoring plan.
- Product Marketing: Serve as the voice of the customer to the product team to ensure client-focused product strategy and innovation, and define go-to-market strategy for new products and services
- Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 7 years of marketing experience
- At least 5 years of management experience
- Master's degree
- At least 9 years of B2B marketing experience within Commercial Banking
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams and multiple stakeholders at all levels within the organization
- Ability to clearly and concisely convey ideas to senior leadership, simplify complex issues into actionable strategies
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and high-energy environment
- Strong organizational skills
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position. No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).