Cafe Coach - 59th & Lexington
Category Branch Ambassador
Experience Sr. Manager
Primary Address New York, New York
Overview59th & Lexington Cafe (22059), United States of America, New York, New YorkCafe Coach - 59th & Lexington
Job Description for Cafe Coach
Our Capital One Café is a welcoming environment where customers can try our digital and financial tools, grab a great cup of coffee, and get to know our Ambassadors (and each other). It's a place where they can recharge their mobile devices, plug into some free WiFi and learn new ways to save time and money.
Welcome to a new idea in banking. Here at Capital One, we're redefining how people bank. You see, we believe banking should fit our customers' everyday lives - not the other way around.
Our Café team exists to enhance the financial lives of people in the communities we serve. And we're not just looking to fill open positions - we seek outgoing, passionate people who love connecting, teaching and interacting with individuals and the community as a whole and really want to be a part of this whole reimagined banking experience.
As the Café Coach in NYC, you'll have the unique role of leading a Café team and facilitating legendary experiences for our Customers with our branch partners. Together, you are the face of Capital One in the community, you'll build alliances with local organizations, and collaborate to showcase our simple products and tools. You are a trusted mentor and guide for their individual development and overall team performance.
Don't just take our word for it, check out what our Café Ambassadors and Café Coaches have to say about their experience at Capital One, and learn more about working in our Cafés: http://www.capitalonecareers.com/cafe
Here's what we're looking for in you:
- You're a forward thinker and drive continuous improvement. You never settle for the status quo. In fact, discovery drives you, and you're bringing everyone along for the ride.
- You're a proven leader with a franchise ownership attitude. You've been there, done that as a manager of a team focused on achieving and exceeding customer-based goals and metrics.
- You're naturally curious and like to learn. We'll teach you what Capital One has to offer our customers - products, services and experiences - to help steer them in the right direction toward their financial goals.
- You're a mentor. You'll lead by example and help our Café Ambassadors develop professionally, personally, and as a high-performing team.
- You're a team player. You'll work with an energized team of Café Ambassadors and help inspire your teammates as they inspire you
- You're obsessed with the Café experience and bring our brand to life. You'll take pride in maintaining the physical space and coaching Café Ambassadors to create a welcoming environment for Café customers and visitors.
- You're digitally savvy. You'll showcase what's possible in our physical space and how to easily navigate our mobile and online experience.
-Act as a Role model for Capital One’s Values: Excellence and Do the Right Thing while supporting change management efforts
-You are an operations expert and manage processes with a sharp risk minded approach
- You're a customer advocate. You are always within reach when our customers need assistance. They rely on you to steer them in the right direction. You listen with patience and offer advice that's concise and easy to understand.
- You're friendly and engaging and can connect with Café visitors and regulars alike. Yep, you're a people person - whether you're handing out free coffee cards, helping folks with technology challenges or simply showing off some of the cool services and products we offer.
- You're part of the community and have a deep understanding of your market. You'll work with our Community Impact and Investment team to partner with local businesses, nonprofit partners, and local teams to plan events both in and outside of the Café.
-You're naturally curious and like to learn.
. . . If you're nodding along and like what you're reading, let's talk.
- High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent Certification
- At least 2 years of Customer, Retail, or Financial Services experience
- At least 1 year of People Management experience or 2 years Retail Bank Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- 4+ years of Customer, Retail, or Financial Services experience
- 2+ years of people management experience
Pursuant to the requirements of local law, this position is currently conditioned upon individuals' providing proof of receipt of vaccination against COVID-19 (receipt of at least one dose by your first day of onsite employment and confirmation of full vaccination no later than 45 days from providing proof of the first dose) or the granting of a medical or religious accommodation providing alternative measures. Individuals may request and obtain approval for an accommodation due to a qualifying medical condition or sincerely held religious beliefs after receipt of a conditional offer of employment.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
How We Hire
We take finding great coworkers pretty seriously.
Step 1 Apply
It only takes a few minutes to complete our application and assessment.
Step 2 Screen and Schedule
If your application is a good match you’ll hear from one of our recruiters to set up a screening interview.
Step 3 Interview(s)
Now’s your chance to learn about the job, show us who you are, share why you would be a great addition to the team and determine if Capital One is the place for you.
Step 4 Decision
The team will discuss — if it’s a good fit for us and you, we’ll make it official!
How to Pick the Perfect Career Opportunity
Overwhelmed by a tough career choice? Read these tips from Devon Rollins, Senior Director of Cyber Intelligence, to help you accept the right offer with confidence.
Your wellbeing is our priority
Our benefits and total compensation package is designed for the whole person. Caring for both you and your family.
Healthy Body, Healthy Mind
You have options and we have the tools to help you decide which health plans best fit your needs.
Save Money, Make Money
Secure your present, plan for your future and reduce expenses along the way.
Time, Family and Advice
Options for your time, opportunities for your family, and advice along the way. It’s time to BeWell.
Here’s how the team fits together. We’re big on growth and knowing who and how coworkers can best support you.
You don't have any pinned jobs right now
Want more jobs like this?
Set a Job Alert
Explore Your Options
Build the next generation of digital tools for our customers—we’re always innovating solutions.Explore 732 Jobs
Leverage technology in new and powerful ways to pioneer change, all in the pursuit of changing banking for good.Explore 832 Jobs
When our customers have questions about our products and services, they’ll turn to you.Explore 10 Jobs
Design and create future-forward products on a team of innovators helping to change banking for good.Explore 285 Jobs
Write code and crunch numbers, all in pursuit of developing models that solve problems—and make us a better bank.Explore 83 Jobs
Use your tech skills to stop cyber threats and help make banking safe and secure for our customers.Explore 17 Jobs
Help us tell our story by creating memorable digital experiences for our customers through your creativity and ingenuity.Explore 96 Jobs
Take your place on the front lines, representing our brand, problem solving and building relationships with the customersExplore 184 Jobs
Your outgoing personality and tech-savvy know-how can make all the difference for the customers that visit our cafés.Explore 33 Jobs
Use cutting-edge software, audit methodologies, and data science to help us make great business decisions.Explore 15 Jobs
Use your bold perspective and specialized skills to drive projects and implement financial strategies—challenging the way banking is done.Explore 72 Jobs
Deliver expert advice, superior products and best-in-class service to our commercial partners.Explore 67 Jobs
Your entrepreneurial mindset and expertise leads to one-of-a-kind service for every small business owner you assist.Explore 25 Jobs
Use your expertise and perspective to bring insights to the table so we can grow in the right ways.Explore 131 Jobs
Be on the frontlines of attracting, engaging and retaining top talent that’s helping us change banking for good.Explore 30 Jobs
Marketing and Communications
Help us tell our story, connect with customers and introduce our products and to the world.Explore 16 Jobs
Help us communicate how we’re changing banking for good, and ensure our brand is one of the most recognized in the industry.Explore 32 Jobs
Analyze, develop and test the strategies that pull insights from our data and move us forward.Explore 48 Jobs
Use your strategic and analytical skills to help solve major challenges and make both our business and banking, better.Explore 84 Jobs
Offer simple answers to complex questions, while helping both our team and customers thrive.Explore 72 Jobs
Move our innovations closer to reality by mitigating legal risk with your expertise and ability to advise on strategic business decisions.Explore 13 Jobs