Tax Credit Operations: Operations group housed under the Commercial Bank division of the Capital Markets team. The Tax Credit Operations team supports a portfolio of investment products which generate non-interest income in the form of Tax Credits.
Manage a portfolio of active credit facilities and equity investments for New Markets Tax Credit and Alternative Energy Tax Credit loans and investments.
- Process loan and equity requests (draw downs, pay downs, interest payments); interest and exchange rate fixing, manual interest and fee calculations, as well as, billing and liquidations
- Work closely with respective business units and other internal partners to align needs and provide support as needed
- Perform manual loan tracking enhancements, cash breaks analysis, reconciliations of interest fees and letters of credit, and comprehensive testing of system enhancements
- Review of, and extraction from, legal documents for compliance, interpretation and operational viability
- Develop, design, and implement inter-departmental controls, risk-reducing processes
- Serve as liaison for both borrowers, lenders and investors by responding, resolving, and expediting inquiries, discrepancies, and special requests
- Prepare and submit periodic (daily and above) departmental and team reports and metrics
- Establish and maintain Customer Satisfaction through positive and constructive client relations
- Delivering quality project work and process efficiencies on a consistent basis
- Ability to prioritize workflow and manage multiple assignments or deliverables at once
- Ability to operate and excel in a team environment while maintaining professionalism and respect for team members and Capital One associates
- Proactively identify team needs, gain buy-in from team members, and implement efficiencies
- On-time and accurate execution of workflow
- Associate should be comfortable organizing, preparing, and executing ad-hoc presentations for team members and stakeholders
- Associate should be motivated to learn complexities of Tax Credit products as well as demonstrate an understanding of the products and processes supported by team to both immediate team members & partner groups
- Associate should possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to interact effectively with Internal and External stakeholders
- Highly motivated professional, possessing strong analytical thinking, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail
- Associate should possess and be willing to contribute to the development of financial industry “Skills of the Future” which include but are not limited to:
- Tech Fluency - Candidate has a desire to understand top-level technology trends and the possibilities these trends offer their team and their LOB
- Design Mindset - Candidate doesn’t just optimize, he or she challenges assumptions and constraints with the process
- Workload Management - Candidate gathers information from a broad range of sources to make the best decisions and work efficiently
- Adaptive Thinking - Candidate can consider different viewpoints that conflict with their natural bias
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent certification
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in Commercial Loan Servicing or Commercial Loan Operations
- At least 1 year of experience using ACBS or equivalent loan system
- At least 1 year of experience in Machine Learning, AI, RPA, or equivalent systematic process automation
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Who We Are
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.