At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
To take inbound calls and/or make outbound calls to handle account-related concerns and recommend optimal solutions within the desired levels of customer service delivery
To deliver new-hire training and operational technical training to associates
1. Account Servicing. Listens attentively to customers in order to address issues / questions responsibly; Updates account information, as requested by the customer; Transfers the customer to the appropriate department, as needed
2. Functional Knowledge. Displays expertise in product and service knowledge; Understands and adheres to company policies and procedures.
3. Training. Completes and passes assessment of the required web-based trainings (WBT) within timelines to prevent potential job risks
4. May be assigned / rotated across sub-functions:
• Anti-Money Laundering (AML): Supports the AML process through list screening operations (new and existing accounts) which may include suspicious activity investigations and other processes. Also, works closely with AML Unit Managers and AML Process Managers to perform other critical functions. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
i. Manage suspicious activity case work in a timely and efficient manner
ii. Execute a variety of tasks in support of the conduct of investigations
iii. Conduct a first level investigation
iv. Summarize in writing, suspicious activity for advanced investigation
v. Escalate cases and issues as appropriate for advanced investigation and analysis
vi. Build and maintain awareness of the broader context and implications of the various types of risk affecting the business (e.g. financial, legal, reputation, etc.)
vii. Assist with filing of Suspicious Activity Reports (U.S.) and Suspicious Transaction Reports (Canada) in accordance with regulations and time limitations
• Back Office Processing: Handles incoming disputes from customers to resolve issues on credit bureau scores and assist in updating actual information
• Collections: Handles incoming and outbound calls to provide customers debt information, help resolve delinquent accounts by recommending solutions, and assists customers with other account-related concerns
• Fraud / Disputes: Handles inbound and outbound calls to identify and investigate possible fraudulent activities, taking actions on securing account protection, and assist customers and merchants in clearing fraud and dispute concerns
• Servicing: Handles incoming calls to provide customers credit card usage information, verification of payment, online technical support, and assist customers with other account-related concerns
• Training: Delivers new-hire training and operational training to associates
5. Other job-related duties that may be assigned from time to time
High School Graduate
- 1 year of Experience in Banking Industry preferred for AML Sr. Ops Reps
- Communication skills in delivering appropriate, direct, and straightforward information. Appropriately tailors written and verbal communications.
- Customer orientation in understanding and listening to customer concerns;
- Problem solving skills in recommending solutions to address customer needs and expectations
- Strong attention to detail and good judgment
- Requires ability to handle difficult calls and sensitive information
- Willing to be trained
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).